Gareth Southgate

I just can’t understand people that won’t admit we’ve been incredibly lucky with the draw. We’ve done well, we can win it but to deny we’ve had an easy route is just being ignorant. Would people prefer to play croatia or Spain/Germany in the semis?
It's just been one of them tournament's which happens once in a while ie Denmark winning euros a few years back really want Belgium to win it for kdb robbed of player of the year and especially Vinny after all his been through

I just can’t understand people that won’t admit we’ve been incredibly lucky with the draw. We’ve done well, we can win it but to deny we’ve had an easy route is just being ignorant. Would people prefer to play croatia or Spain/Germany in the semis?

Spain and Germany aren't in the semi-finals.

They weren't good enough to beat Russia or South Korea.

If we'd played either of those teams to get this far, you'd have been claiming we'd had an 'easy route'.

You're tying yourself in knots trying to justify a point of view based purely on the reputation of certain teams rather than actual results.

Spain and Germany aren't in the semi-finals.

They weren't good enough to beat Russia or South Korea.

If we'd played either of those teams to get this far, you'd have been claiming we'd had an 'easy route'.

You're tying yourself in knots trying to justify a point of view based purely on the reputation of teams rather than actual results.
No I’m not. They’re not in it, but they’re still much better teams than Russia or South Korea. It’s not even a comparison.

No I’m not. They’re not in it, but they’re still much better teams than Russia or South Korea. It’s not even a comparison.

Spain won one game in the whole tournament against Iran.

Germany won one game in the whole tournament against Sweden.

Neither of those teams were in your list of top teams.

In fact the only other team in either group who was in your list of 'top teams', were Portugal.

So by your own definition they both had a fairly easy route and yet neither made it past the quarter finals.

Spain won one game in the whole tournament against Iran.

Germany won one game in the whole tournament against Sweden.

Neither of those teams were in your list of top teams.

In fact the only other team in either group who was in your list of 'top teams', were Portugal.

So by your own definition they both had a fairly easy route and yet neither made it past the quarter finals.
On your philosophy the rags finished 2nd in the league were they the 2nd best team last season not a chance

Think he might be better doing a Joachim Low and sticking with international football.

Some managers are better suited to it than club football.

Can't see him going from a World Cup semi-final to the Championship.
I agree with, the Low parallel is one that crossed my mind. The Germans have previous with this, Beckenbauer.

On your philosophy the rags finished 2nd in the league were they the 2nd best team last season not a chance

Yes unfortunately they were the second best team in the league as they finished 2nd. The league table doesn’t lie. You might not like the way they did it but it’s we’re they finished.
You’re making yourself look silly, yes we’ve been fortunate with the draw but none of the so called big teams lived up to reputation asvtheyre not as good as you’d all believe.
Check any previous winners records and most times it’s been a comfortable draw for them.

Yes unfortunately they were the second best team in the league as they finished 2nd. The league table doesn’t lie. You might not like the way they did it but it’s we’re they finished.
You’re making yourself look silly, yes we’ve been fortunate with the draw but none of the so called big teams lived up to reputation asvtheyre not as good as you’d all believe.
Check any previous winners records and most times it’s been a comfortable draw for them.

You’re contradicting yourself.

You can’t claim that the rags finished second on merit because they were the second best team in the league last season and also say that England, Sweden, Russia and Croatia shouldn’t have been in the quarterfinals because they weren’t good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.