Gareth Southgate

He is a shit manager. Plain and simple. Made Everest out of a bump in the road. Ferdinand was bang on and deserves credit for pointing it out the first. Gomez is shit too.
Chinless is preparing for his knighthood. Raz is collateral damage.

Even before the Sterling bust up I was wondering about Southgate's attitude to City. The dropping of Walker, the none selection of Phil and now hanging out Sterling to dry begins to look like it.
Certainly his quotes about foreign players in youth set ups seem more directed at us and Chelsea.i guess he stood by Raheem over racism. Has he an issue?
No.

It’s all starting to get a bit paranoid and victim-like on this site right now.

Southgate was very good when it came to Raheem and the way the media was giving him shit when they decided he was the scrapegoat for Euro2016. He was very good when it came to the racism chanting at a few games.

He didn’t pick Foden because Foden couldn’t even get picked for City at Preston. And still now he’s only played about a dozen minutes of Prem football this season.

And I agree with him about the amount of foreign players in English club youth set-ups. It’s lazy and shows how English clubs still can’t produce good English players and just rely on ready made foreign kids from countries all around the world who do know how to produce good young talent. Still now nearly in 2020 I think when a good young English lad comes through an academy it’s not by design of any of those academies, it’s by accident due to that kid just being good anyway.

With his trying-too-hard hipster beard and penchant for wearing a waistcoat, Southgate is simply playing at it.

Wanting to be seen as some sort of pseudo intellectual footballing tactician.

He wants to be Pep, he wants to take credit for this revolution of now playing out from the back.

He's a Primark version. Sadly, I don't think he will get the United job, when England get exposed again next summer.

Hopefully Raheem missing a penalty in the shoot-out - that useless prick Southgate will be able to empathise then!

With his trying-too-hard hipster beard and penchant for wearing a waistcoat, Southgate is simply playing at it.

Wanting to be seen as some sort of pseudo intellectual footballing tactician.

He wants to be Pep, he wants to take credit for this revolution of now playing out from the back.

He's a Primark version. Sadly, I don't think he will get the United job, when England get exposed again next summer.

Hopefully Raheem missing a penalty in the shoot-out - that useless prick Southgate will be able to empathise then!
Let's hope he does get the United job, he would be perfect, in fact I could not think of a better man to take over from the legend that is Ole, wee Davie apart.

Reactions: cjn
He didn’t pick Foden because Foden couldn’t even get picked for City at Preston. And still now he’s only played about a dozen minutes of Prem football this season.
My eyes may be deceiving me but I’m almost sure I saw a slip of a lad with Foden 47 on the back of his shirt, running around the pitch at Preston.

Yes; the bust up has been handled poorly. It should have been kept private and dealt with in the same manner. Not really sure how people are having a go at him for not picking Foden, when Pep won't. As for Walker, his form dropped off the edge of a cliff and has only fairly recently recovered somewhat. Same with Stones, with the exception that we're still waiting for his form to pick up again. Raz has been a leading figure for the national team and I'm sure I read somewhere that the waistcoat has said he will be starting on sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.