Gareth Taylor

Taylor’s post match comments… have something of the Graham Taylor about them - when he was managing England….

Seriously, is this not our poorest start for several years (taking account also of the elimination from the CL)?
Last year was pretty poor, but that was down to injuries. I thought we played OK today, and it's worth remembering (despite their result last week), they are the Champions, and showed why in the second half today for me.

He can fuck off for all I care something isn’t right when you’ve top players leaving for other clubs why isn’t that happening at say Chelsea or arsenal think we know why he’s a clueless cnut who fell into the position do the honourable thing and resign..

something isn’t right when you’ve top players leaving for other clubs why isn’t that happening at say Chelsea or arsenal
You say "top players leaving", 3 retired from football all together having either won a major trophy, or hadn't played for the club in a while. The only 3 I'd say were still "top" were Walsh (world record fee for a woman), Stanway, and arguably Weir. Bronze was poor last year for me, and didn't seem particularly interested in some games.

I think we've also brought in some good players in return, but it will take a little while for them to establish themselves. From watching today's game, I think we have signed several very good players, in what is a squad "refresh", and those coming in have an average age of 23, compared to those leaving of 29.

As for Taylor, I don't think he's good enough either, but I'm happy to give him some time with this new squad. We've lost 3 games in a row, but we were always likely to lose to RM on their home pitch, and the champions on theirs, the bad result was villa obviously, but I think the players were pretty culpable in that one with some dreadful mistakes.

Do you know last year i got on here and complained about the sideways city style of play...With the players we had out injured he had an excuse..But then we got few back from injury and it appeared they were playing THEIR way and was (were) more direct and hence we finished superbly and into the top three...Ive watch all the games and its back to last year (early days) slow,sideways etc..Maybe we have lost players but we have a great front 3.Question..I think Houghton brings a lot to this sideway stuff..She seems frightened to make a mistake . We need to be more direct

Do you know last year i got on here and complained about the sideways city style of play...With the players we had out injured he had an excuse..But then we got few back from injury and it appeared they were playing THEIR way and was (were) more direct and hence we finished superbly and into the top three...Ive watch all the games and its back to last year (early days) slow,sideways etc..Maybe we have lost players but we have a great front 3.Question..I think Houghton brings a lot to this sideway stuff..She seems frightened to make a mistake . We need to be more direct

I felt we were actually fairly direct up to Shaw at times, (mixed in with some slow, sideways passes across the back as well obviously) and it worked well. I think Chelsea must have changed something at half time, as they coped with us better 2nd half and we failed to adapt.

You say "top players leaving", 3 retired from football all together having either won a major trophy, or hadn't played for the club in a while. The only 3 I'd say were still "top" were Walsh (world record fee for a woman), Stanway, and arguably Weir. Bronze was poor last year for me, and didn't seem particularly interested in some games.

I think we've also brought in some good players in return, but it will take a little while for them to establish themselves. From watching today's game, I think we have signed several very good players, in what is a squad "refresh", and those coming in have an average age of 23, compared to those leaving of 29.

As for Taylor, I don't think he's good enough either, but I'm happy to give him some time with this new squad. We've lost 3 games in a row, but we were always likely to lose to RM on their home pitch, and the champions on theirs, the bad result was villa obviously, but I think the players were pretty culpable in that one with some dreadful mistakes.

Agree with every word.

But in the ladies game the one thing is you don't have much time to settle in, lose a couple of games and forget winning the title or top 3 because the others don't lose many all season,

Walsh Stanway Weir Bronze are your guarantee of a top 3 place or even winning the title, any clubs lose 4 players of that quality will be struggling, even mid-table teams of last season have improved and are better placed than city this season,

Manchester city have lost their soul and backbone of a team with 6 or 7 leaving or stepping down from the game,
replacement can not just come in a fill that GAP, it's 4 to 5 years of bedding it and understanding the system and manager and club,

man city will struggle this season, now the question is how bad, or what is seen a bad season ? Mid-table, and dare i say Bottom 3, even relegation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.