Gareth Taylor

So, again, if you don't think Taylor's up to the job, who do you want to replace him with? And I want specific examples, not 'someone else'.

Jill Ellis isn't available - she's the president of San Diego Wave; I think she's also effectively retired from coaching. There was also a feeling that she wasn't tactically that good, and that the US won the World Cups largely because they had the best squad.

Jill Ellis isn't available - she's the president of San Diego Wave; I think she's also effectively retired from coaching. There was also a feeling that she wasn't tactically that good, and that the US won the World Cups largely because they had the best squad.

Maybe, but would Taylor have won the World Cup ? Rose Levelle would have spent the tournament on the bench !

Taylor frankly does not know what his best team is, never has - when we had the best midfield in the league when he took over he constantly changed it and refused to play certain players - From what I've heard from comments coming from current and former players both his training methods & match day planning is sub standard.

We now have a younger squad that needs inspiring and a clear plan. There is quality within the squad, some of these players will look completely different playing for their national teams because they know their jobs and enjoy it.

For those thinking it's best to stick with him because we will look bad for an early sacking or that there is no-one who could come in well that is a dangerous strategy to take. Stick with Taylor and players will not commit to the club and rest assured others will want out. As for a new coach there are options out there - for me Helena Costa worth a shot, she's from Portugal & has gained a lot of experience all over the globe, The Swedish ex Norway manager is desperate for redemption after the Euros and could be another- maybe bringing in an experienced manager with Steph moving to an assistant manager role would work. As an organisation the City football group must also have many contacts - we need to move on from Taylor because another 12 months of him and we will be way behind the top 5 never mind the top 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.