Garry Cook - Clueless

RBmk2 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Sorry mate but that's melodramatic claptrap.

Quick phone call, couple of minutes extra to get bearings first game.

Job done. No tears.

Sorry mate-but that's totally dismissive of some very valid points.

OK then, I'll take them one by one:

Relocation of car parking and further distance to walk

Ive sat in every tier and stand of the stadium and always park in the same place. If it's a real issue, park somewhere else. Big deal

possible different and more congested route to games to access new parking area

As above.

increased costs for ST's

I believe some will be cheaper or eqivalent. Buy them.

splitting up established communities of fans

Move with your mates

possible difficulites for older fans who have to move from level 1 upto level 3

There are thousands of tickets free in tier one around the ground.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 pm --<br /><br />
Corky said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There are thousands of seats in tier one available for the dozen or so people this may apply to.

In the North Stand where they have to leave.

Season tickets sold out on level 1 bar the North Stand.

No they are not. There are plenty available this season now and and for next season there will be a lot more.

RBmk2 said:
KenTheLandlord said:
you must have cried solid for a week when we moved ground. How did you cope with all those new nasty fellow blues around you.

You don't know anyone else's personal situation in that stand.You don't know whether or not they can afford to move seats.We may lose them as fans due to them having no choice in the matter.You don't know anything.

One thing I do know is that it is a bad time to be forcing-yes,forcing people to move seats.
No amount of "comedy" pics and silly digs will change that.

Are you still watching the same match? the same players? the same team? Does it matter where you are sat? I fuckin hope you don't sit near me when you shift.

I know one thing bleating, and it is bleating, about where you are sat in a stadium is unbelievable.

Stop being so melodramatic.

KenTheLandlord said:
RBmk2 said:

you must have cried solid for a week when we moved ground. How did you cope with all those new nasty fellow blues around you.

At least when we moved they tried to keep people seated pretty much togeather, where now we could end up anywhere if we can find enough seats to still be able to seat with our mates and friends you Knobhead!

Didsbury Dave said:
RBmk2 said:

Ive sat in every tier and stand of the stadium and always park in the same place. If it's a real issue, park somewhere else. Big deal

As above.

increased costs for ST's

Move with your mates

There are thousands of tickets free in tier one around the ground.

-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 pm --

Corky said:
In the North Stand where they have to leave.

Season tickets sold out on level 1 bar the North Stand.

No they are not. There are plenty available this season now and and for next season there will be a lot more.

Come off it DD, which blocks?

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
KenTheLandlord said:

At least when we moved they tried to keep people seated pretty much togeather, where now we could end up anywhere if we can find enough seats to still be able to seat with our mates and friends you Knobhead!

Knobhead eh? that has clearly established your immense mental power on the thread to win all arguments.
Have you rung the club yet to see if you can move with your mates?

KenTheLandlord said:

I'm filling up a bit here.

You could all, like, exchange numbers and keep in touch via monthly get-togethers or something.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:07 pm --<br /><br />
Corky said:
Didsbury Dave said:

As above.

increased costs for ST's

Move with your mates

There are thousands of tickets free in tier one around the ground.

-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 pm --

Come off it DD, which blocks?

All blocks side the 2 or 3 in the middle of tier one.

Lots of games there are still seats unsold including match tickets.

if i didn't know better I'd think this was a scripted comedy thread.

the tickets are an improvement, giving a wider choice to people and serving more specific needs of different fans.

the only ones hurt by this are seriously those who just plan simple fear change. obviously with changes this significant, there will be a few extraordinary cases where some people will be left dissatisfied, but from what i've seen and heard today, people at the club are willing to take the effort of making things work for these groups as well.

I'm really pleased with the news and though not a season card holder (because with the amount of time I spend abroad, single tickets are a cheaper option), I think this is done with the fans as a top priority and really will change the matchday experience better for everyone.

KenTheLandlord said:

Knobhead eh? that has clearly established your immense mental power on the thread to win all arguments.
Have you rung the club yet to see if you can move with your mates?

Hmmmm you must have cried solid for a week when we moved ground ... pot, kettle and black spring to mind,

Garry Cook is a genius, he has finally listened to the fans and is implementing 'operation one end', moving the old blue moaners out of the north stand and bringing some whippersnappers in to take their place. He is even building a whole street behind the stand so these guys can get merry before and after the game.

KenTheLandlord said:
RBmk2 said:
You don't know anyone else's personal situation in that stand.You don't know whether or not they can afford to move seats.We may lose them as fans due to them having no choice in the matter.You don't know anything.

One thing I do know is that it is a bad time to be forcing-yes,forcing people to move seats.
No amount of "comedy" pics and silly digs will change that.

Are you still watching the same match? the same players? the same team? Does it matter where you are sat? I fuckin hope you don't sit near me when you shift.

I know one thing bleating, and it is bleating, about where you are sat in a stadium is unbelievable.

Stop being so melodramatic.

It's called personal choice.If you don't want it,fine.I think people have a right to a say when they've made an investment into supporting their club.
I'm not in the North stand,as I've already said.
I wouldn't want to be anywhere other than where I am,though-and if I was being forced to move to another part of the ground than where I am now I'd sack it off.
But that's my right.

You've tried to get me to raise to you twice now,I'm afraid that you're not really up to it.

Instead,you can call this bloke a "bleater."
His issues are exactly the sort I'm referring to.
But hey-you're okay,so what's the problem-right?

Nice feedback from the spokeswomen but it does'nt wash, average of 5% my bottom, not for those sitting in the North Stand it isn't.

I sit in the North Stand with my mate and 4 family members, one of which is 8 years old and had a season ticket for 3 years, ourselves, we've lost count, maybe 35 years.

We have a great view, great facilities around us, we don't get wet or the sun in our eyes, we have made great friends of the regulars around us, we enter and leave the stadium with no fuss, no nutters or idiots around(I've grown out of that), we outsing the South Stand sometimes and we are near to where we park.

It now seems we must relocate to somewhere else in the stadium as we don't ALL fit the criteria to remain in the 'new family stand'

Granted my son and two adults could remain in place, but 3 of us must still move.

The cost for the 3 to remain: £405 for the 4 adults, £95 for my son and £210 for the old man.

If we all wanted to stay together and move to the cheapest similar seat, cost: £475 for the adults, £140 for my son and £280 for my old man.

That means an increase on last years prices because we don't fit the criteria to all stay together in the stand of £100 more for the adult seats, £70 more for the OAP seat and £45 more for the junior seat.

That is a lot more than a 5% increase City and we don't want to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I forgot the discount they are offering for having to move..., £50 per ticket, is that every season then??!!

Why should I potentially have to sit somewhere I don't want to at a cost I don't want to pay. These additional family seats and areas might be needed and are an excellent idea but why can't they go elsewhere, somewhere where season ticket holders don't sit, ie up on the 3rd tier, why bugger us about, we have sat in our current seats after 2 previous moves for 5 years now, there will be a lot of unhappy teddies around us as not many kids sit in block 132.

The season ticket holder survey was not clear in any way, shape or form with these intentions City.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stretford Born Blue, Brooklands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.