Garry Cook - Clueless

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Let me make clear, I will almost certainly be renewing my season ticket. My circumstances allow me to. That isn't the point. I assume most people reading this will be renewing.
Sorry if this has already been said but not read every page.

I think the key thing is that you will renew, I will and I expect the majority of City fans will. And Cook or whoever made the decision to apply the increase has predicted the same. Not disagreeing with your sentiments but it's business and although I'm disappointed I can't say I'm that surprised. What worries me more is that they will keep increasing them year on year.

And sorry if this has been mentioned but the bigger worry for us is if we do get into the Champions League and have to finance loads of additional matches in Europe. Then remember we'd like FA Cup and Carling Cup runs and the cost of all that means the season ticket increase will pale into insignificance.

Tueart1976 said:
badge said:
it's all rather embarrassing really. this behaving like spoilt little brats. the second increase in prices since 2003 for fuck sake! five fucking per cent! "i want this. i want that." give yourselves a slapped arse and go and sulk in your bedrooms. pathetic.

spot on!

Except they went up in for 2004/05 and 2008/09.

When the Old North Stand at Maine Road was seated how many had to move & pay extra ? when the Platt Lane was modernised & boxes put in how many had to move & pay extra ? when the Kippax was seated how many had to move & pay extra ? .Now then when we moved to COMs how many had to move & pay extra ? .I think it is called progress

The club's CEO raises prices by a modest amount, after the prices had either been decreased or held steady for a long period previously..... in a year when nearly 200 million quid was invested in new players AND when further substantial investments are expected to be poured into the quality of the "product" over the summer and where we have the opportunity to compete at a whole new level and play the best teams in the world.... but he's "clueless" because of this decision.

Am I missing something?

samharris said:
Football is a business and we are paying customers.!!

but businesses wont survive without customers mate....people can always get by without a bit of "entertainment" and it's usually one of the first things to get the chop where families are concerned

i agree, that unlike usual businesses we cant simply go next door and get it cheaper and the club know this....but, people will always find alternative ways to see the game

AustinBlue said:
The club's CEO raises prices by a modest amount, after the prices had either been decreased or held steady for a long period previously..... in a year when nearly 200 million quid was invested in new players AND when further substantial investments are expected to be poured into the quality of the "product" over the summer and where we have the opportunity to compete at a whole new level and play the best teams in the world.... but he's "clueless" because of this decision.

Am I missing something?
you me & a few others i think

The thing you're missing if I'm reading correctly is that people are more upset with being "forcibly" moved from their seats where they happily sit amongst familiar faces and mates than they are with a modest price rise.

For me its not about the money.
(Even though i dont go out for 4 months to save for mine and my sons season tickets) Yes i stay in for 4 whole months.

It all the planned changes people being moved the "Matchday Experiance" thing.
I go to support the team & watch the football. I personally dont wany anymore

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
The principle stinks. Everyone is skimming the club for cash, left right and centre, including those employed by the club, yet we are the ONLY, yes, the ONLy people deemed to be due to cough up more (apart from the owner, obviously, but I doubt anyone has the neck to compare his circumstances to the normal fan).

The reason we are the ones that have to pay for it is we are the consumers of what is it they are selling.
They have to make money for the club to run, to make money they have to sell tickets and merchendise, the tickets they are selling now is not making them enough money therefor they have to increase the price, if it's not us that has to pay for that who does?
The owner will not continue to plow money into our club if he is not getting a return. Remember the money City now have that make us the richest club in the world is not the clubs it's ADUG's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.