Garry Cook is attempting to make the Saudi Pro League relevant. LIV football?

Probably the fastest developing country in the world.

Westernisation is well underway and the infrastructure projects are of a scale and quality that is barely imaginable.

Most of the major F&b,Hotel and consumer brands are already present or have contracted their positions.

KSA is a vast country with a fabulous unspoilt Red Sea coast line and beautiful climate.

It will be a major holiday destination.

It will
Whereas China already has for decades

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying China is a friendly, open state.

But to say that Saudi is expat friendly is a stretch. Although to be fair, they did relax some rules and women are now allowed to drive...
Women driving is a good example of the difficulties of a civil government in a Sharia country. Although the gov said women could drive, the religious police still try to stop them.

Things used to be shit for women and others in western society too.

The Catholic Church ruled/ruined Irish society and yet it also was/is a good force for Irish culture. It's not all black or white and it usually takes only a few generations to get much better.

Probably the same to various degrees in loads of countries.

I think the more you engage the better in the long run.

The Middle East is the future. Have you seen Dubai and Doha? Have you seen what Riyad is going to be like in the coming years?

That is where footballers are going to want to live in the coming decades, unfortunately, not Manchester Newcastle and London.

I can imagine that there’ll be a Super League over there and by the 2040s-50s will be the top football competition in the world. And European and Premier League football will be old fashioned and run down.

Officially launched now.

Benzema also joining, will be interesting to see who else goes if the earlier reports of 50 players this summer is accurate.

Not a fan of the Saudis but if they could form a reasonably good league outside of Europe I think it would be good for the global game, and if they can compete for tv audiences in MENA than they’ve got a huge market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.