Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

cantona01 said:
mcfcjon said:
cantona01 said:
As ravaged is a common term used when describing cancer I'd have to say that he was mocking her.

Fuck Nedum because?
Fuck the press because?

How about fuck Gary Cook for being unprofessional and then trying to blame others? No-one to blame but himself.

Nope. You dont talk ab out being 'ravaged' with cancer in a professional e-mail about your sons contract negotiations. You also, if it bothers you, deal with it at the time. Not 11 months later to cause as much damage as you can.

Fuck the press because they take every opportunity to attack city, no matter how small (or those handed on a plate to them, like this one)

Fuck Nedum for letting his mother release this to the press 11 months on

Oh, and fuck you, you stupid rag prick. You are doing your team and fellow fans no favours by giving us a glimpse into how sad and stupid you all are.

I'll ignore the insults fuckhead and reply to the main points.....

The press isnt just targeting you, they do it to anyone when there is a story

You are right that she didnt need to mention it, but she did. It doesnt excuse what Cook did though.
11 months might be a long time and she no doubt did it to casue problems, but HE WROTE THE EMAIL.....and that is all that matters.

Ill ignore the insult too, asshole (LOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!)

See, you were getting there when you said she didn't need to mention it. But as you've noticed, she did. She deliberately waited and held this back before feeding it to the newspapers along with exaggerated, way over the top quotes (SHE IMPLIED THAT GETTING THIS EMAIL WAS A WORSE DAY THAN WHEN SHE GOT CANCER, FOR FUCKS SAKE. WHO SAYS THAT?!). Yes he wrote the e-mail, which as I've covered, isn't that bad because it doesn't mock cancer just her unprofessional tone (PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME WHERE GARRY COOKE TAKES THE PISS OUT OF CANCER? I JUST CANNOT SEE IT).

All this exaggeration and timing used to attack our club because we wont essentially give her son free money. Shes been a calculating, manipulative woman here and garry has made a small mistake, but is now paying a big price. You, and everyone who agrees with you, are wrong.

vamps said:
Steve Jobs is available

Imagine that - coup of the century.

But there are many saying Jobs is critically ill and dying so I think that'd rule it out. :x

I did like old cookie boy if im honest, but its the Sheikhs cash that has taken us to where we are now..The project is still the same as it always was..with or without Garry cook..

Roll on the new boy..

prairiemoon said:
Let's hope Nedum plays soon and suffers a career ending tackle.

You must be a rag with comments like that.

This has nothing to do with Ned what so ever.

Could did wrong he paid the price end of

Blue Haze, below is what you posted, your last 5 words intimate Cook was a failure, as I said not perfect but look how far we have come, not just due him but he was a big help. He was not a failure
Hope we hire someone who knows something about football like Dein or Kenyon.

We tried hiring an outsider and it failed. Can't believe we'd hire a grocery store exec for a football club. Growing a grocer and a sports/media brand are two entirely different things. I don't dislike him or anything, but after this fiasco, isn't it time we hired someone proven rather than repeat this failure?

Can't believe how many of you lot are gay for GC. The man was a liability. What, because he bought you a pint once you lot are his white knights? Pathetic.

It's a good response to a pretty unsavoury episode. A big statement from us that MCFC is a club that sets a high standard of behaviour from it's staff, no matter who they are or the position they hold.

I also think it's the right thing for Cook, this isn't something that he could have battled through with a hostile press against him, there wouldn't have been let up for him.

So thanks Garry for your service. I've no doubt we've made significant gains under your direction. Best of luck in the future.

For MCFC, we move on and I don't see this as a huge setback for us. The new guy will have a much easier ride than Cook got for a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.