Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

richards30 said:
joan laporta.

He is good and could possibly get us access to Barca's youth players, etc., but I fear he might be too emotionally tied to Barca/Catalonia (listen to some of his interviews, he is almost rabidly Barca) and it could end up the other way ("Silva for 18m? Sure Pep...").

Peter Kenyon is a ****, really hope its not him next. Guess who got Football Club taken off the rags crest?

My main concern is that this will set off a "dominoe effect" to other members of our backroom staff. What now for the likes of Marwood and co? Will they get on with their jobs as normal?

Thanks for your time Garry. Once a blue...

Blue Pimp said:
Blue Haze, below is what you posted, your last 5 words intimate Cook was a failure, as I said not perfect but look how far we have come, not just due him but he was a big help. He was not a failure
Hope we hire someone who knows something about football like Dein or Kenyon.

We tried hiring an outsider and it failed. Can't believe we'd hire a grocery store exec for a football club. Growing a grocer and a sports/media brand are two entirely different things. I don't dislike him or anything, but after this fiasco, isn't it time we hired someone proven rather than repeat this failure?
I accept that he did a lot for our club. But if he was the key to our success, why was he fired over a nasty email? Obviously the owner didn't feel he was key enough.

IM gutted that cook`s lost his job over this silly email,that stupid cow!
who`s knows where our club would be without the work and drive of Garry Cook.he might not be everyones cup of tea,but you just have to see the change in fortunes of the club since he was appointed CEO.
This is a sad day for the club and Mankind,when a silly woman was so intent on destroying a good man.She runs to the gutter press,For what !!nothing.
well i used to like Ned but he wont get my support every again.
The said email,wasnt directed at her it didnt even make any sense inthe context we got to read it.
im sure if mrs Ned wants some offensive emails she may get some from city fans..angry blue

Uber Blue said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
CityForever45 said:
I only hope the next CEO knows how to use the e-mail.
I hope the club have sacked him for reasons other than that e-mail. Otherwise we're in trouble....

Cook offered his resignation; the club accepted.

Which is the polite way of sacking someone....otherwise the club would have rejected his resignation.

I'm sad it has come to this but it was the only solution really. Thanks for everything Garry, despite the odd foot in mouth moment your time here has been a massive success. Thanks for everything

Uber Blue said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
CityForever45 said:
I only hope the next CEO knows how to use the e-mail.
I hope the club have sacked him for reasons other than that e-mail. Otherwise we're in trouble....

The club offered Cook the chance to resign or be sacked, Cook offered his resignation; the club accepted.
Corrected

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.