Garry Cook

City Square was a Cook initiative and guess what.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1580943_manchester-united-plan-city-style-fanzone-at-old-trafford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... d-trafford</a>

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Don't get the hate for Garry from some blues. He seems to arouse surprisingly negative feelings in some City fans.
Some just have to have a negative to focus on, its living in the past, when many things City were negative.

Cook did plenty of good here, but also messed up a few times, my view of him is just that, he's neither a god nor a devil, but it seems that with some blues you have to be either/or, with no inbetween possible.

Blue Lloyd said:
Really would like sort sort of reasonable explanation from the Cook haters? Yes he made a few verbal gaffes, who doesn't? But it's obvious he did more good than bad from a commercial point of view. And that was why he was initially recruited.
I don't hate him, I'm poking fun at his deification by some fans.

However, the explanation is simple. Whatever he did behind the scenes, every time he opened his mouth I cringed, and because of that he stared to become the story.

That in itself made him unsuitable to be CEO of city.

peoffrey said:
The Future's Blue said:
I think the clown made ammends, don't you? And that's the secret, if you fuck up, sort it out. He did that alright.

Our Owners also met with other Premiership Clubs. Do you think Cook could've sold them Everton or Villa?
They eventually refused to deal with Everton & Newcastle because their boards were deemed to be unprofessional. Our executive board, led by Cook, was seen as a serious and professional group of people who had a compelling vision for the club. Whatever his gaffes, this club owes Cook a lot.

Surely anybody who actually listened to the interview should realise what a fantastic job he did for City, especially the negotiations with ADUG.

For me his only real mistake was not coming clean about the email to Ned's Mum and offering an immediate apology. If he'd done that I think he would still be with us leading us onwards and upwards.

On a personal level I'll always be grateful to him for accelerating the Sierra Leone Appeal. You'd have to visit the country to see what an enormous impact that Appeal has had on so many people. I'd take Garry Cook back tomorrow.

Alex the Blue said:
Surely anybody who actually listened to the interview should realise what a fantastic job he did for City, especially the negotiations with ADUG.

For me his only real mistake was not coming clean about the email to Ned's Mum and offering an immediate apology. If he'd done that I think he would still be with us leading us onwards and upwards.

On a personal level I'll always be grateful to him for accelerating the Sierra Leone Appeal. You'd have to visit the country to see what an enormous impact that Appeal has had on so many people. I'd take Garry Cook back tomorrow.
I agree with much of what you said, but I would take issue with regards to the Ned Mums Email. It wasn't so much he didn't come clean, he lied and thats in the end what did him in, you do something like that to your employer and you will be damn lucky to have a job at the end of it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
The Future's Blue said:
I think the clown made ammends, don't you? And that's the secret, if you fuck up, sort it out. He did that alright.

Our Owners also met with other Premiership Clubs. Do you think Cook could've sold them Everton or Villa?
They eventually refused to deal with Everton & Newcastle because their boards were deemed to be unprofessional. Our executive board, led by Cook, was seen as a serious and professional group of people who had a compelling vision for the club. Whatever his gaffes, this club owes Cook a lot.

Spot on Colin

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Alex the Blue said:

I agree with much of what you said, but I would take issue with regards to the Ned Mums Email. It wasn't so much he didn't come clean, he lied and thats in the end what did him in, you do something like that to your employer and you will be damn lucky to have a job at the end of it.

No need to take issue, I agree with what you say. If he'd come clean immediately he wouldn't have told any lies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.