Garry Cook

Not to mention the influence and ideas he had for the new complex that were going to benefit from in future years.

His input to a lot of things around City have been overlooked by quite a few who wish to ignore it, shame really.

Gary James said:
Many of his 'non-City supporting' critics highlighted his gaffes way out of proportion because they knew he was extremely good for MCFC. One very senior MCFC official once said to me at the height of the negativity towards Cook that they would 'rather have Cook warts and all, than someone who ducked every issue and hid from the media'. He was also described as a City warrior.

Cook is a passionate Blue now

One very Senior official wouldn't dare speak out against his Boss when chatting so someone as well known as you, Gary! You're usually a good read but you've got that wrong. And he did hide from the media. He would rather be doing his walkabout in Denmark or Germany where he posed for pictures in his City blazer and bought the beer as opposed to dealing with the Press. I've had this confirmed to me by the biggest City fan I know.

Cook grew up a Birmingham City fan. How can he change what team he supports? Can't be done.

peoffrey said:
blueyorkie said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They eventually refused to deal with Everton & Newcastle because their boards were deemed to be unprofessional. Our executive board, led by Cook, was seen as a serious and professional group of people who had a compelling vision for the club. Whatever his gaffes, this club owes Cook a lot.

Spot on Colin

LOL! Would you have been able to write that yourself? And calling PB by his first name just makes the two of you look cliquey.

Cook had a fantastic job yet the only lie we know about saw him asked to resign. Bill Kenwright and Mike Ashley make anyone look professional. Cook the least worst of the 3 with appointments like Brian Marwood being absurd. The Guy is woefully out of his depth.
Well thats it blues peofrey has spoken. He knows GC personally. End of thread.

peoffrey said:
Gary James said:
Many of his 'non-City supporting' critics highlighted his gaffes way out of proportion because they knew he was extremely good for MCFC. One very senior MCFC official once said to me at the height of the negativity towards Cook that they would 'rather have Cook warts and all, than someone who ducked every issue and hid from the media'. He was also described as a City warrior.

Cook is a passionate Blue now

One very Senior official wouldn't dare speak out against his Boss when chatting so someone as well known as you, Gary! You're usually a good read but you've got that wrong. And he did hide from the media. He would rather be doing his walkabout in Denmark or Germany where he posed for pictures in his City blazer and bought the beer as opposed to dealing with the Press. I've had this confirmed to me by the biggest City fan I know.

Cook grew up a Birmingham City fan. How can he change what team he supports? Can't be done.

just ask Vinjay.

peoffrey said:
Franny Lee grew up a Bolton fan.
Colin Bell grew up in the North East and was presumably originally a Newcastle supporter. I believe John Wardle used to watch United regularly until Dave Makin "converted" him.

Mike Summerbee grew up in the West Country, as did Tony Book. Yet these two carried the Premiership trophy out to the presentation just a few weeks ago. Should we have asked SWP & Nedum to do that instead?

No one is claiming that Cook was a perfect human being and his failure to deal with the email incident properly was staggeringly inept. Yet the good he did for the club far outweighs the bad.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm --<br /><br />
peoffrey said:
One very Senior official wouldn't dare speak out against his Boss when chatting so someone as well known as you, Gary! You're usually a good read but you've got that wrong.
Just admit it Gary. You made it all up didn't you?

Skashion said:
Hmmm, who to go with, Gary James, or peoffrey and Didsbury Dave...

Tough one that but dudsburys opinions on everything are always correct, he is all knowing with regards city

Gary James for me though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.