Garry Cook

Had the pleasure of meeting cook on a flight to south of france for our first champs league draw. He was flying eayjet with Vicky Kloss and marwood, thiss was just a few days before he left the club, and i'm sure he was under a lot of pressure. He was happy to chat and seemed genuinely interested in my opions on all thing City, he was still brimming with enthusiasm despite the shitstorm being whipped up by kia and the press. Kloss came across well too.

Holcombe bloo said:
Had the pleasure of meeting cook on a flight to south of france for our first champs league draw. He was flying eayjet with Vicky Kloss and marwood, thiss was just a few days before he left the club, and i'm sure he was under a lot of pressure. He was happy to chat and seemed genuinely interested in my opions on all thing City, he was still brimming with enthusiasm despite the shitstorm being whipped up by kia and the press. Kloss came across well too.
yes but he's a slimeball though don't you know

shawgorbie said:
Holcombe bloo said:
yes but he's a slimeball though don't you know

Lol jolly friendly slimeball!

shawgorbie said:
Martyn said:
Almost everyone on here hated him before he left.
link

Come off it man you know Martyn could never produce a link to back up his statement! Hate is blind and its only exist in the narrow minded on here. Check the hate messages of any topic. Be it new fans, manager player or whatever and you will see a pattern. Rick should set up a new page for the Blue Moaners. He could make some of the usual suspects the moderators and they could ban anyone who dared to be positive or cheerful!

peoffrey said:
blueyorkie said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They eventually refused to deal with Everton & Newcastle because their boards were deemed to be unprofessional. Our executive board, led by Cook, was seen as a serious and professional group of people who had a compelling vision for the club. Whatever his gaffes, this club owes Cook a lot.

Spot on Colin

LOL! Would you have been able to write that yourself? And calling PB by his first name just makes the two of you look cliquey.

Cook had a fantastic job yet the only lie we know about saw him asked to resign. Bill Kenwright and Mike Ashley make anyone look professional. Cook the least worst of the 3 with appointments like Brian Marwood being absurd. The Guy is woefully out of his depth.

As I understand it he was not asked to resign- he offered his resignation and the board reluctantly accepted it. From your posts it's clear you can't see past the gaffes he made to see the good work he did for this club. When Cook said Milan bottled it he only mistake he made was to go public, I believe he was right. I and a lot of Blues believe the club would not be where it is now without Cook's efforts.

Reading through all the posts on this thread it seems most have respect and appreciation for all that Garry Cook did for us especially those who had the good fortune to meet him and deal with him.

I'd like to see the evidence where most on here hated him before he left but I doubt it exist.

To describe him as a slimeball says far more about the poster than it ever will about Garry Cook.

Whether Cook is a nice guy, a true Blue or a duplicitous liar is irrelevant.

Look at the job he did, was City better pre Cook, or is it better post Cook, the answer is obvious.

Good job.

Always though he came across well and seemed very likeable.
Really don't think that what happened was worth resigning over,assuming the club was happy with his performance they should have rode it out.Would have blown over in a few weeks.
Good to see him invited back for QPR game.

"assuming the club was happy with his performance they should have rode it out"

We'll never know whether the club was happy with his performance, but their reaction to the media scrutiny was typical of this management, it can be summed up in one word....

Timid.

For some anyone that gives people ammunition to launch at us will always be hated. The Cook haters are probably the same people who can't forgive Tevez.

Not saying it's right or wrong, my view is to try and look at the bigger picture and we are undoubtedly where we are today because of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.