Gary Cook - Reply from a Level 2 seasoncard holder

I can understand being annoyed at having to relocate, albeit for a bigger & brighter future, however I totally disagree with most of the other points you have made.

I sit in the Colin Bell stand with my two lads (14 & 18) and I personally think the season tickets are great value. The cost of my ticket hasn't really increased that much over 5 years, and when I look at the talent on display, the big names being linked with City, the future plans (on & off the field) etc..., WOW!!!! I would've ripped both arms off for this 5 years ago in the predicament we were in.

Compared to other clubs our ST prices are quite cheap, even more so now given given the excellent position we are in.

The future is bright...the future is blue!!! :-)

Salford_Blue said:
You will be pleased to know that this letter is out in hardback on Saturday and the author will be signing copies and reading excerpts at Waterstones on Deansgate

-- Tue May 11, 2010 6:22 pm --

You will be pleased to know that this letter is out in hardback on Saturday and the author will be signing copies and reading excerpts at Waterstones on Deansgate
This made me laugh. Class!

Couldn't this letter have been put on twitter instead?

I tried to read it but after the sun had set and risen twice before I got to the end, I gave up.

The letter from the club addressed a lot of the concerns I had, so credit to them for that.

It's all stilla bit vague, and this desire of the supporters for more premium type seats I suspect doesn't exist.

But at least we can make a decision with a bit of an idea what will happen next season.

What I'd like to see is a much greater chance to provide input into what the changes will be, for me parking and a free programme is worthless,not particularly interested in a padded seat and the TV is fine as it is. Being able to leave your seat at the half time whistle, buy a pint and get back in time for the second half kick off is worth something to me, although I'd consider that a basic service, not a premium one.

So I hope the information keeps coming thick and fast, and the people in level 2 get some sort of input as to how it will be developed oiver the next year or so.

I'm sure Garry Cook sits down with his cocoa to read letters of War And Peace proportions every night of the week.

Let us know if you get a response...

This is the same gery cook that walked down the street with tommy booth in aalborg.He listened to the city fans,myself included,about how much we had paid to watch our beloved team and were pretty much skint by it.The next city home game was a fiver. Whats changed Gary? We are gonna be skint again with the europa league fixtures.I just hope you listen to the fans re this season ticket fiasco

and no mention of..

Squalk spits the mad cow who thinks he's a chipmunk that's visited MD's more often than not, .....it is I who fiddles in the genitals of bearded american window salesmen.

I think we should build a cattle pen in the corner of the stadium and charge 50 quid a season.

The current "development" and "direction" of the club is clearly causing strains and friction within some of the long-term fanbase.

1) I don't think this is a right or wrong issue...i.e. everyone is entitled to a view.

2) I don't think being a "long-term , loyal" supporter gives you a right of veto over any initiative the club is trying to introduce.

3) I currently pay for two season tickets in the soon-to-be-upgraded level 2 section of the stadium (one for me and one for my dad) and have done so for the last 20 years.

4) I recognise that now is currently the most exciting time to be a City supporter (courtesy of our owners) in the last 25 years.

5) If I find future price increases too steep, I have the option of relocating to other parts of the ground or giving up my season ticket(s) and following City via radio /tv.

6) My enjoyment of City's success (hopefully !) in the future is more important to me than the issue of whether "padded seats are worth paying for".

7) The contrast between the positivity and optimism of Khaldoon on the one hand and the petty bitching of some sections of our support on the other makes me wonder whether they regret investing in City in the first place.

Scooby Blue said:
The current "development" and "direction" of the club is clearly causing strains and friction within some of the long-term fanbase.

1) I don't think this is a right or wrong issue...i.e. everyone is entitled to a view.

2) I don't think being a "long-term , loyal" supporter gives you a right of veto over any initiative the club is trying to introduce.

3) I currently pay for two season tickets in the soon-to-be-upgraded level 2 section of the stadium (one for me and one for my dad) and have done so for the last 20 years.

4) I recognise that now is currently the most exciting time to be a City supporter (courtesy of our owners) in the last 25 years.

5) If I find future price increases too steep, I have the option of relocating to other parts of the ground or giving up my season ticket(s) and following City via radio /tv.

6) My enjoyment of City's success (hopefully !) in the future is more important to me than the issue of whether "padded seats are worth paying for".

7) The contrast between the positivity and optimism of Khaldoon on the one hand and the petty bitching of some sections of our support on the other makes me wonder whether they regret investing in City in the first place.

Perfect Scooby, a great pity that the original OP was not as clear and precise. Thats the problem with a rant the ranter loses all sense of proportion in content as well as argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.