Gary James interviewing Noel Gallagher about City

In Ireland, we are well known amongst each other as a nation of begrudggers, no one likes to see someone from the same town do too well for themselves , maybe its the same complex in Manchester, though I don't remember anyone having an issue with Curlie Watts tbf
Curly Watts was a second rate d lister.

Noel is a local made global superstar that had the audacity to leave his home city, people get upset over things like that.

The great thing about Noel and Liam is because they are two working class lads from Manchester who supported us in the dark times, they stick it up the wankers who give it the "You've only supported City since 2008/where were you when you were shit" brigade. They also run rings around most celebrity fans and they don't forget their roots or tone it down in interviews or shows because they've made it.

You will always get resentment if you achieve what others perceive to be something better than what they have. It's a case of "Why him and not me?" syndrome. It even happens if you are not famous. When I first went away to sea as a teen and came home on leave I sometimes encountered it. Not amongst my close mates but the larger social group you'd know in the pubs and clubs. A few thought I was away on sone magical cruise with my feet up, got paid mega bucks, came home in winter with a suntan and did fuck all when I was away. They didn't see me working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, often with little rest because we were in bad weather and couldn't sleep at night. Or all the matches and weekends out they got to go to while I was bobbing about in the middle of some ocean for months on end. The best one was when some used to say, "You're lucky to have that job" Like I was sitting in my mam and dad's house in Wythenshawe and some bloke knocked on the door and said, "Today's your lucky day, I'm giving you this job!" Lol! The same with the Gallagher's and any successful people. It took lots of practise, hard work and sacrifice before they made it, but many forget that.

I think we're lucky to have them and they do a great job promoting the club throughout the world. They also get under the skin of the rags, you only have to see Evra's video mocking Liam after the Chelsea defeat. Keep sticking it up the fuckers!

Noel is a local made global superstar that had the audacity to leave his home city, people get upset over things like that.
Pisses me off the whole they left Manchester thing
Just people being jealous
Also the whole Noels a Tory thing pisses me right off
From the loons
He told every man and his fucking dog to vote for Blair back in the day...which they did
He then met him and all that and I think he is still scarred from how it ended
He is not a Tory he is a working class lad find good and the new breed of lefties seems to detest that
Rant over!

From the loons
He told every man and his fucking dog to vote for Blair back in the day...which they did
He is not a Tory he is a working class lad find good and the new breed of lefties seems to detest that
Rant over!
Good rant and you tell the truth.

Nothing wrong with a local guy making good, in fact the opposite, use it as an inspiration, both the Gallagher's in their different ways are role models.

It is equal measures tbf, for every person who doesn't particualry like Noel or his music and have a dig at those that do , there is someone to who loves him and his stuff who will slag you off for it and tell you you are a wrong un for doing so.

Neither opinion is right or wrong.

Curly watts isn't real

But Kevin Kennedy is, and a bigger legendary city fan than noel will ever be.

From the loons
Rant over!

Slightly of topic. And to some who dislike the fact that Noel and Liam left Manchester brigade might not understand this !.
Perhaps they are more proud of Manchester and being a manic now that they live in London.
I left when I was 5 (1965 ! ) lol, but my parents were mancs and grandparents so have that manc thing ! dont really have a,manc accent anymore etc. But anyone who says I am not a manc gets a mouth full.
I have a very dry sence of humour and call a spade a spade.
I get more proud of being born in Manchester and being a manc every day.
Have the Manchester skyline tatt the bee's and of course the City badge. The Manchester bee's on our cars.

I like both Noel and Liam and believe they say alot of things that to me are funny and taking the piss, but it just goes over the heads of southerns. Southerns dont get our piss taking ;)

Last edited:
Slightly of topic. And to some who dislike the fact that Noel and Liam left Manchester brigade might not understand this !.
Perhaps they are more proud of Manchester and being a manic now that they live in London.
I left when I was 5 lol, dont really have a,manc accent anymore etc. But anyone who says I am not a manc gets a mouth full.
I have a very dry sence of humour and call a spade a spade.
I get more proud of being born in Manchester and being a manc every day.
Have the Manchester skyline tatt the bee's and of course the City badge. The Manchester bee's on our cars.

I like both Noel and Liam and believe they say alot of things that to me are funny and taking the piss, but it just goes over the heads of southerns. Southerns dont get our piss taking ;)

It could be that no one actually cares and when they left it was a sarcastic remark made as it mirrored McCartney and Lennon who did the same, moving from liverpool once famous, and Oasis were joked as being a beatles tribute act.

When criticisms or either comes up, them moving to london is hardly used to knock them fro.m my experience, yet is brought up here frequently.

Having also lived away from Manchester for 10 years at ine point I can agree with you that I was proud to be respresenting my home city and of being from here throughout my exile.

I am ambivalent to either of them, though if pressed I prefer to listen to have a read and laugh at Liams opinions and tweets than Noels randim comments trying to be edgy and cool.

It could be that no one actually cares and when they left it was a sarcastic remark made as it mirrored McCartney and Lennon who did the same, moving from liverpool once famous, and Oasis were joked as being a beatles tribute act.

When criticisms or either comes up, them moving to london is hardly used to knock them fro.m my experience, yet is brought up here frequently.

Having also lived away from Manchester for 10 years at ine point I can agree with you that I was proud to be respresenting my home city and of being from here throughout my exile.

I am ambivalent to either of them, though if pressed I prefer to listen to have a read and laugh at Liams opinions and tweets than Noels randim comments trying to be edgy and cool.

I must have been one of the few at Maine Road with a manc/southern accent back in the day lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.