Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

I said int he pre match thread that this would be an issue.

we dont have the defensive cover in midfield when we play both silva and nasri (and this is not laying the blame on either of those two players as both are fantastic member of our squad) but you dont want either of them working defensively (silav didnt track rooney for the second goal)

this is why players like dejong barry and milner are so important and why garcia is such a bad purchase as he doesnt give us that extra bight that NDJ did

with NDJ and barry playing that would release yaya to play further forward/more of a free attacking role. the same can be said if you play milber and barry....but not garcia as he is woeful at present defensively

you cannt play nasri and silva plus yaya if you are going to play with 2 strikers as well....that again leaves us light defensively (like yesterday)

so its either drop a striker and play with a 5 man midfield of yaya silva nasri barry and milner/garcia

or play with 2 of the strikers and barry silva yaya and milner/garcia (i dont believe this is the best way but this is what RM seems to have been doing most of this year)

this is where we seem imho to be getting the balance wrong at present an why were are struggling sometimes

the only option really is to play one of the strikers deeper and the only one that can do that and be effective is tevez.....kun, balo and dzeko certainly cannt

its pretty simple really and im sure RM knows it...but he is trying to find the right mix at the moment for different types of games but i believe for the harder teams we need to go with the 5 man option and one upfront (which isnt defensive at all as it releases yaya and silva from defensive duties) but it does provide us more cover over all

bobbyowenquiff said:
The funny thing is we have been weak on our left side for years. We have had very few decent left backs in decades (Willie Donachie perhaps). I wonder what would happen if we signed Leighton Baines and Gareth Bale. To be honest I think Clichy is the best we have had for years in that position but still not world class. Real Madrid killed us in both matches down our left side. Most teams target that area when playing us and this has been going on for a long time.

I think its more to do with the midfield providing cover. Nasri doesnt when he plays there and Silva provides little in defence.

Johnsonontheleft said:
The cookie monster said:
Gary neville is a **** has always been a **** and always will be a ****..

This.

It's a fucking disgrace that he was even allowed to commentate on a Manchester derby given his history and associations, and not forgetting his feud with one of our current players. I am going to complain to Sky about this and hope other blues will do likewise.

Are you also going to complain about Jamie Redknapp who's astute and in-depth technical analysis amounts to Balotelli's a cock, Balotelli's a cock and Balotelli's a cock?

So Neville is a tactical genius eh? Knows better than our management team does he?

How about this: History is written by the winners. If we hadnt shipped two of the softest goals you'll ever see from the pitiful amount of efforts on goal the rags had, we would have won convincingly and Neville would had to analyse how useless uniteds attack was.

I think we need some perspective. We were unlucky, yes there were flaws and some individual errors and possibly some tactical errors too. We were far from outplayed though and more importantly, Mancini was far from out - maneuvered.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Everthing he is pointing out is 100% correct.

Our left side was woefully exposed....but we knew that anyway.

No way was it Clichys fault I will add. No covering from midfield

Gotta disagree, Clichy should have been much more decisive and Joe should have been calling the shots big time. Between them they fucked up big time I'm sad to say.

BigJoe#1 said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Everthing he is pointing out is 100% correct.

Our left side was woefully exposed....but we knew that anyway.

Gotta disagree, Clichy should have been much more decisive and Joe should have been calling the shots big time. Between them they fucked up big time I'm sad to say.

Clichy has been world class this season. It was his first game back yesterday after injury. One error but don't hang him for it.

BigJoe#1 said:

Clichy has been world class this season. It was his first game back yesterday after injury. One error but don't hang him for it.

Agree. Played really well yesterday and is the best left back we've had in years.

ah the weekly "we love Gary Neville" thread. He's such a wonderful human being and a tactical genius to boot, what is there not to like about this ****?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.