Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

Best left back at the club in my lifetime. I thought he was magnificent yesterday. He made our equaliser with a stunning tackle. He was at fault for the free kick but he wasn't the only one. This problem is nothing to do with
Clichy.

hope milner gets fit and gets a run in the team in what is surely his best position,good passer, engine, tackler and willing to have a shot from distance

Maybe three in the middle is the answer with Tevez and silva playing behind aguero.

Problem is only Milner would offer the right quality to do that and he is injured.

simon23 said:
I said int he pre match thread that this would be an issue.

we dont have the defensive cover in midfield when we play both silva and nasri (and this is not laying the blame on either of those two players as both are fantastic member of our squad) but you dont want either of them working defensively (silav didnt track rooney for the second goal)

this is why players like dejong barry and milner are so important and why garcia is such a bad purchase as he doesnt give us that extra bight that NDJ did

with NDJ and barry playing that would release yaya to play further forward/more of a free attacking role. the same can be said if you play milber and barry....but not garcia as he is woeful at present defensively

you cannt play nasri and silva plus yaya if you are going to play with 2 strikers as well....that again leaves us light defensively (like yesterday)

so its either drop a striker and play with a 5 man midfield of yaya silva nasri barry and milner/garcia

or play with 2 of the strikers and barry silva yaya and milner/garcia (i dont believe this is the best way but this is what RM seems to have been doing most of this year)

this is where we seem imho to be getting the balance wrong at present an why were are struggling sometimes

the only option really is to play one of the strikers deeper and the only one that can do that and be effective is tevez.....kun, balo and dzeko certainly cannt

its pretty simple really and im sure RM knows it...but he is trying to find the right mix at the moment for different types of games but i believe for the harder teams we need to go with the 5 man option and one upfront (which isnt defensive at all as it releases yaya and silva from defensive duties) but it does provide us more cover over all

I agree with the sentiment of most of this, apart from which striker to play deeper sentence. For me Aguero is perfect for the number 10 role. But lots of my pals say he cant play there also... Not lookin for an argument, but interested in other peoples views. The goal against QPR showed this for me, came deeper, received the pass, turned, picked out a pass then ran off the defenders, bit of skill to beat a man then a great finish. Playing right up top he always has someone all over him, tevez is more suited to that physical role for me... Now that does mean Yaya would have to be more disciplined, but could this work?

spot on
peter.evans said:
I agree that Neville is excellent and he was brilliant with his analysis. However, all teams have strengths and weaknesses that are easy to spot in hindsight. Neville said United were 'in control' until half time. What complete bollocks. They scored with their first attack and then with their second. What Neville did not say was that if Balotelli, Aguero or Barry had scored with any of the three presentable chances we created in the first half we would have won ! Lucky mis hit that went in and bad finishing did for us, nothing else. We dominated the whole game from start to finish and they have got away eith it yet again ! As for the winning goal, there were FOUR mistakes and another scrwany piece of luck for thr rags. Clichy a) should have passed to Hart, then b) lost it to Welbeck. The wall was a shambles, Nasri was a disgrace and Hart was bloody useless, like with the first goal where he watched it roll in ! Finally, Persie gets a jammy deflection. So whilst Nev is excellent, on another day luck will go against the jammy rags.

spot on

Can't stand the f*cker, I really can't. When he starts twitching that nose, pawing those whiskers and dragging his tail, goes right through me. How the f*ck can anybody want to watch that.

I don't think he should be commentating on the Derby either. Not listened to him but that high pitched squeeking sound must be annoying.

Amazing contrast in punditry - Clueless Lawrenson said pre match on Radio 5 live that it's not a suprise that Bobby is doing well at City as any manager could succeed with our squad at their disposal. Can't imagine how these people manage to stay in employment so long regurgitating the same old crap.

ZZmaestro said:
Somehow one of the best pundit out there, but never forget this :

Gary-Neville-kisses-Paul--004.jpg

To be fair when he's not tonguing ginger pigs his analysis is quite fair.
That pic is eeeeuuuuuhhh. How am I going to sleep well tonight after seeing that?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Maybe three in the middle is the answer with Tevez and silva playing behind aguero.

Problem is only Milner would offer the right quality to do that and he is injured.

Agree with this.

However was saying the other day that we struggle playing Barry with Yaya because Yaya can be a lazy git at times and Barry is too immobile.

For me our best team would be:

------------------------------ Hart ---------------------------------
Richards --------Kompany -------- Nasti -------------- Clichy
------------ Zabba ---------- Yaya ---------- Milner
---------------------- Tevez --------- Silva -----------------------
------------------------------- Aguero -----------------------------

I would play Zabba in midfield just because he would offer so much more support to richards than Barry would and him and Milner will both run all day long for the cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.