Gary Neville analysis of yesterday

city91 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Maybe three in the middle is the answer with Tevez and silva playing behind aguero.

Problem is only Milner would offer the right quality to do that and he is injured.

Agree with this.

However was saying the other day that we struggle playing Barry with Yaya because Yaya can be a lazy git at times and Barry is too immobile.

For me our best team would be:

------------------------------ Hart ---------------------------------
Richards --------Kompany -------- Nasti -------------- Clichy
------------ Zabba ---------- Yaya ---------- Milner
---------------------- Tevez --------- Silva -----------------------
------------------------------- Aguero -----------------------------

I would play Zabba in midfield just because he would offer so much more support to richards than Barry would and him and Milner will both run all day long for the cause.

I see your point and it's a good idea but I think we'd miss the calmness of Barry. He retains the ball constantly. I'd put Barry in for Richards and have Zabba at right back.

We're worse without Barry, love Zabba but he's a defender. Only makeshift midfielder.

Don't think there's a major problem covering although I agree Nasri is wasted wide. Back 4 defend far too narrow and are too slow to close down. Happens time and again. Usually get away with it but full backs should be tighter

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Everthing he is pointing out is 100% correct.

Our left side was woefully exposed....but we knew that anyway.

No way was it Clichys fault I will add. No covering from midfield
Been saying it for weeks we do not deal with the oppositions width, period, and by this I mean our fullbacks getting doubled up on and when the oppositions is quality this is when we gett punished, Dortmund exposed it more than anyone.....but by no means is it the full backs fault it is the wide midfield players and the holding midfield players to a lesser degrees fault....if 3-5-2 was ever in need it was yesterday, it would of at least given there fullbacks something to worry about.....another mention has to go to James Milner, for me he has been the biggest miss this season because of injury, I have no doubt when he is fit we will be a better team for it and I expect him to become a main stay in the side, in central areas, if he was fit yesterday Nasri wouldn't have got near the starting 11

LoveCity said:
Blows your mind we haven't tried to address this issue, the proof is there that it's killing us yet it's allowed to go on and on and on. Why?
Formation, personnel, this is why Mancini is keen on the 3-5-2, the wing backs offer cover and attacking options in wide areas....also a real holding midfield player with the legs to get around the pitch ie Milner.....why Dejong was allowed to leave for £3mill is beyond me, we should have kept him and let him walk for free at the end of the season, whoever allowed him to leave needs a good fucking

Bingo............the penny is dropping!

For all those that were slagging Milner and saying he wasn't good enough to be in our team, just hard work doesn't warrant a place etc etc

Now seeing the bigger picture and smelling the coffee eh?

It's also why he gets in front of Walcott and Lennon for England

It is easy to analyze from the comfort of a studio retrospectively.

My opinion is that we have a collective problem.We are far to slow to attack,hence the goals for drying up.And we are far to slow to get back to defend collectively.We need to work on our speed.

BigJoe#1 said:
No way was it Clichys fault I will add. No covering from midfield

Gotta disagree, Clichy should have been much more decisive and Joe should have been calling the shots big time. Between them they fucked up big time I'm sad to say.

Clichy has been world class this season. It was his first game back yesterday after injury. One error but don't hang him for it.

Agreed. But the truth needs to be said..... and then we learn and then we move on

get rid of mario and nasri,these guys are not up for it in my opinion..

yes it was good fun mario being guy fawkes in his bathroom,yes carry wads of money around with you and be good at darts,but apart from being the best penalty taker i`ve ever seen,what does he bring to the table?

what does he bring to the team?

a big fat fuck all,i`m sorry mario but it`s over,pack your bags,your fags,your flites and your fuckin stupid hats and get down to manchester airport and get a one way ticket to mario world...

how much is he on?
and he couldn`t give two fucks about the shirt or the club..
and so onto little samir..
couldn`t tackle a chip butty,great touch,cost £25M and gets paid a week what i would take EIGHT YEARS to earn...eight fuckin years....
samir,when you turned your back on that twats free kick,you turned your back on me,my club,the shirt and the team,in the immortal words of anne robinson,you definately are the weakest link,we may as well start with 9 men when these two mary ellens take to the pitch...
pretty please roberto,tevez and aguero up front every game and milner all day long over nasri.....
rant over,bring on newcastle!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.