Gary Neville

He's tipped us (Arsenal) to win the PL. When pressed as to why, he says the pressure of winning 5 in a row will be too much. As if City were in cruise control, super calm and confident when winning 4 on the spin (including a treble) but the notion of yet another title for number 5 has them forgetting everything they've done before and shitting their pants!
If this is his reasoning then it's fuckin' obvious why he was shit on a stick managerially speaking. We soak up pressure like no other team has done since the PL came into existence. The reason we might not win five in a row will be down to a number of things none of which we have control over!

He says it I reckon because he can't deal with the fact that the side he played in is no longer the greatest ever PL team (treble, Champs league etc). I think it's eating him up inside and even as an Arsenal fan I'm finding it hilarious because I remember us playing that Rags team and all they ever did was try to kick us off the pitch, Neville in particular.
I bet if he was asked, he’d still say that the pisscan's team of the turn of the century was better than pep's City side of the last four years.

I bet if he was asked, he’d still say that the pisscan's team of the turn of the century was better than pep's City side of the last four years.

The rags picked up those titles by battering teams in the transfer market and doing what Bayern did without having a genuine contender who bought the amount of players they did, and he knows that.

We are doing it by being a well run club who doesn't go out smashing transfer records willy nilly but by planning and good business.

Fuck off Neville!

If this is his reasoning then it's fuckin' obvious why he was shit on a stick managerially speaking. We soak up pressure like no other team has done since the PL came into existence. The reason we might not win five in a row will be down to a number of things none of which we have control over!
Yeah I'd agree. City deal with pressure like maybe only Real Madrid can. On another thread I was pointing out that us Arsenal fans usually get to early April and ask each other 'surely City can't keep winning all their bloody games right? Can they? CAN THEY?'

City are relentless. If anything it's the opposite of pressure that can get City - complacency. However whenever Pep gets a sniff of that you can see him go for the jugular of his team and make public statements to the effect that they basically shouldn't even fucking DREAM of taking their foot off the pedal or he'll be after them.

City are basically a team of excellent technical players, superb coaching and a hardcore winning mentality. To overcome them a team needs to be better than City in all 3 facets. Not easy to do!

Add the fact there’s more pressure on you after coming close two seasons on the bounce shows he’s a fucking no mark clueless ****.
Also he will undoubtedly change his mind around Easter and start saying we’re too good and no one can get close to us*.

*that’s obviously if we’re top.

Now now mate.

You know Arsenal will be 8 points clear with a game in hand and be ejaculating vigorously every time they get a throw in.

As ever, it’s the final day that counts.

Yeah I'd agree. City deal with pressure like maybe only Real Madrid can. On another thread I was pointing out that us Arsenal fans usually get to early April and ask each other 'surely City can't keep winning all their bloody games right? Can they? CAN THEY?'

City are relentless. If anything it's the opposite of pressure that can get City - complacency. However whenever Pep gets a sniff of that you can see him go for the jugular of his team and make public statements to the effect that they basically shouldn't even fucking DREAM of taking their foot off the pedal or he'll be after them.

City are basically a team of excellent technical players, superb coaching and a hardcore winning mentality. To overcome them a team needs to be better than City in all 3 facets. Not easy to do!
I often say to my ERO that one of the biggest differences between City and the rest is that technically playing out from the back is straightforward. Looking at some other teams, and particularly the WSL some of the play from goal kicks is like a Saturday night at the London Palladium - a wonderful mix of comedy, pantomime 'n farce. There are full backs in the PL that seem frightened to death of receiving the ball from the goalie and can't get rid of it quick enough! The technical ability of most of our players is probably the best in the league. I remember some seasons back the ball was booted out of the oppo defence and reached its peak immediately above David Silva. He was about a foot from the touchline. The ball dropped and as it hit the ground its motion ceased. He had killed it stone dead. Bernardo is another one who caresses the ball. The one who impressed me most was Riyad. No matter how the ball arrived at his foot it was immediately delivered and moved to where he wanted it all in the twinkle of an eye.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.