Gary Neville

I often say to my ERO that one of the biggest differences between City and the rest is that technically playing out from the back is straightforward. Looking at some other teams, and particularly the WSL some of the play from goal kicks is like a Saturday night at the London Palladium - a wonderful mix of comedy, pantomime 'n farce. There are full backs in the PL that seem frightened to death of receiving the ball from the goalie and can't get rid of it quick enough! The technical ability of most of our players is probably the best in the league. I remember some seasons back the ball was booted out of the oppo defence and reached its peak immediately under David Silva. He was about a foot from the touchline. The ball dropped and as it hit the ground its motion ceased. He had killed it stone dead. Bernardo is another one who caresses the ball. The one who impressed me most was Riyad. No matter how the ball arrived at his foot it was immediately delivered and moved to where he wanted it all in the twinkle of an eye.
Well, that was some premonition I had. Two comical goals and then Rico adds to the farcical by hitting the bar.

I would say there’s more pressure on the rags finishing top 4 than us winning 5 in a row
Maybe they'll feel a bit of pressure once they start investing in the squad a little but whilst they continue to run the whole operation on a shoestring I think they'll get a pass from the world's sporting media..........

He says it in hope rather than in confidence. He hates us and every title and trophy makes him a little bit more bitter than he previously was. I hope he chokes on it, along with his mate Carragher.
Everytime he praisesyou lot is every time fooking false it fooking kills him.

I would say there’s more pressure on the rags finishing top 4 than us winning 5 in a row
Surly the pressure was on winning 4 and breaking the record than winning five ????
If there is pressure on any team in the PL its now on Arsenal they simply have to deliver one title while the going is good.
He doesnt deliver this season then questions will have to be asked...........this maybe the season when he has to go after the league cup or the fa cup to put something in the cabinet.
Then see how there league form goes .............its ok going after one cup but if you aint winning that then you have start going after something else.
For all this how great brilliant amazing this Arsenal side are the like of a bad Man U side have still won more than them

I often say to my ERO that one of the biggest differences between City and the rest is that technically playing out from the back is straightforward. Looking at some other teams, and particularly the WSL some of the play from goal kicks is like a Saturday night at the London Palladium - a wonderful mix of comedy, pantomime 'n farce. There are full backs in the PL that seem frightened to death of receiving the ball from the goalie and can't get rid of it quick enough! The technical ability of most of our players is probably the best in the league. I remember some seasons back the ball was booted out of the oppo defence and reached its peak immediately under David Silva. He was about a foot from the touchline. The ball dropped and as it hit the ground its motion ceased. He had killed it stone dead. Bernardo is another one who caresses the ball. The one who impressed me most was Riyad. No matter how the ball arrived at his foot it was immediately delivered and moved to where he wanted it all in the twinkle of an eye.

The importance of a quality CDM that most teams don’t understand. A player that is always available to take the ball in trouble on the half turn is often the missing ingredient instead it’s passed about until hoofed.

Surly the pressure was on winning 4 and breaking the record than winning five ????
If there is pressure on any team in the PL its now on Arsenal they simply have to deliver one title while the going is good.
He doesnt deliver this season then questions will have to be asked...........this maybe the season when he has to go after the league cup or the fa cup to put something in the cabinet.
Then see how there league form goes .............its ok going after one cup but if you aint winning that then you have start going after something else.
For all this how great brilliant amazing this Arsenal side are the like of a bad Man U side have still won more than them

Or winning a he last 14 games season after season….

Arsenal have all the pressure and when it comes to the end of the season they will crack. City are totally in their heads both the team and fans, they showed this in the last two seasons, giving up even when they could still of won it. Once City are anyway close to them for the final 5 games they will break.

The importance of a quality CDM that most teams don’t understand. A player that is always available to take the ball in trouble on the half turn is often the missing ingredient instead it’s passed about until hoofed.
The way teams allow us possession simply outlines how many players are available for a pass. Even when teams attempt a better press there's always one! At one point yesterday I mentally counted the Ipswich team to see if they had ten outfield players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.