Gas & Electricity

Truss worries me , she is talking about putting more money in the pockets of those who contribute to society , what about us who are sick, disabled and unable to contribute , i am very scared by her approach . She might give crumbs to universal credit recievers but i am on the older style benefits still through no fault of my own , they havent moved me over yet , i didnt get the twenty pounds during covid so would miss out again , i am very scared what will happen when i come off my fix in dec , very scared

People on legacy still better off than people on UC even when they had the 20 quid uplift.

Yep. And many of those who aren't feeling it just yet will definitely feel it from October onwards. Obviously, the poorest households will feel the brunt of this the most and they're the ones who will need the most help but this is going to impact a lot of people who are quite well off too.

That fix you accepted is looking like a wiser decision with each passing day. I'm now nearly 11 months into a 2 year fix with EDF so on a cracking deal for now but I'm only overpaying by approx £35 a month. I'm going to get in touch with them and increase those overpayments to about £100 a month. Theoretically, with the credit I've built up so far, that should give me around £1300-£1400 credit when my fix ends on September 30th next year and they shove me onto their Standard Variable Rate so will help take some of the sting out of the inevitable huge increase in my tariff.
Don’t overpay into there pockets keep your DD the same and pay the extra into a savings account to dip into if you need it

Don’t overpay into there pockets keep your DD the same and pay the extra into a savings account to dip into if you need it
Absolutely.

And, coming out of winter next year and everyone has massive energy debts that they cannot pay I think the govn might act then. We may just see some wiping out of energy debts... Especially if the energy companies are posting massive profits.

Our electricity supplier in work emailed today - our rates will be going up by 110% from September 9th.

Absolutely ridiculous, and means we have no option but the put up our own prices to try and offset some of the more than double rates we’ll be paying next month.

Things are so broken it won’t be long until there’s unrest.

Our electricity supplier in work emailed today - our rates will be going up by 110% from September 9th.

Absolutely ridiculous, and means we have no option but the put up our own prices to try and offset some of the more than double rates we’ll be paying next month.

Things are so broken it won’t be long until there’s unrest.
Not sure people have factored in that businesses will be affected even more than households.

For example, I bet there aren’t many chippies left next Easter.

Not sure people have factored in that businesses will be affected even more than households.

For example, I bet there aren’t many chippies left next Easter.
I mentioned it to another business owner who seems to think they’ll be doubling again in April.

Successive governments have done a piss poor job of ensuring our energy security in this country. In fact what they’ve done is criminal.

Throwing net zero and green levies on top of an already strained sector is nuts. But as someone else said, we’ll all grumble then grab a brew and watch strictly.

I do genuinely wonder what the line in the sand is for the average Brit, before they get off their arses and protest. Like, really protest and kick off so the government take note.

A ban on foreign holidays? Instagram or tiktok being banned? No more Love Island?

No matter what gets thrown at most brits they seem to just accept it and plod on. Crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.