Gas & Electricity

Crazy that they can over estimate that much, they must make a fortune earning interest on all the credit they rack up.
Something really does stink. My lads have both moved out and wife and I are at work all day. I'm gonna try and get in touch with EON and see what they have to say.

Education establishments are being hit. I know of a lot of schools that are not able to replace staff or offer pay scale rises due to an increase of anywhere from 100-400% price hike.

Then government throw in a nation wide pay increase that they haven’t funded, and topped with the energy rises, a lot of places are going to suffer more so being understaffed and educations will be impacted.

What a fucking shambles of a country. I won’t be able to stay above the breadline with these increases from October and especially again, living on my own.

I’ve started putting the wheels in motion to move abroad next year if I can get things sorted.

I think what people are missing is whether the Govt give "handouts" - tax cuts or top ups the energy firms will remain unaffected as the cash will just go to them - fucking mad. Either the Govt takes money off them and gives it back to us or they place a maximum price that can be charged based on last years high - they won't go bust - they will feel the pinch for a bit but they won't go bust. Why should we fund them again with our taxes so they get double bubble?

The pensioners used to fuck off abroad on cheap all inclusive holidays for six months and save on the bills but they can only go for 90 days now. It will still be worth doing though in the coldest months.

Nail on the head. People don't need handouts they need an affordable rate for energy.
At the moment there is no affordable energy rate, it's completely impossible because gas is imported at market rates and the market rate for gas has gone up by 400% in just 12 months. The only option for the government is to subsidise the price of this gas, that's it, there's no other choice and it'll probably cost the earth which is why they won't do it.

This isn't due to profiteering either, it's because a considerable chunk of the world's gas comes from Russia and the Russian market stall for gas has now closed. The rest of the world now must fight for supply which is why there is a real threat that the lights could go out over the winter let alone whether we need to worry about prices.

This is happening specifically here because the UK generates 50% of its electricity from burning gas which is why France is enjoying affordable rates in comparison.... 80% of their electricity comes from nuclear and you don't need to import any gas to run a nuclear powerplant.

Last edited:
The pensioners used to fuck off abroad on cheap all inclusive holidays for six months and save on the bills but they can only go for 90 days now. It will still be worth doing though in the coldest months.
Didn't know that mate.
How do the pensioners that live in Spain go on ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.