Gas & Electricity

I can see the Goverment offering loans to households and we pay them back for years to come
Yep. I can see a 2p in the pound income tax cut then something like 8p in the pound taken for repayment of the energy loan. It will look like a tax rise, feel like a tax rise and have the same effect as a tax rise but the Tories will call it a loan repayment and carry on boasting about tax cuts. A bit like student loans.

Yep. I can see a 2p in the pound income tax cut then something like 8p in the pound taken for repayment of the energy loan. It will look like a tax rise, feel like a tax rise and have the same effect as a tax rise but the Tories will call it a loan repayment and carry on boasting about tax cuts. A bit like student loans.
According to The Times tomorrow, this is pretty much what they want to do (top of third column), only we repay it through our bills for the next x amount of years.

Meanwhile in the industrial sector, heavy users of energy are in danger of shutting down plants due to huge increases in energy costs. I wonder who this will affect. Oh yeah, that will be the workers, the other businesses that rely on the workers going to work spending money with them and so on…..

Meanwhile in the industrial sector, heavy users of energy are in danger of shutting down plants due to huge increases in energy costs. I wonder who this will affect. Oh yeah, that will be the workers, the other businesses that rely on the workers going to work spending money with them and so on…..

And what will happen to schools and public places like libraries, I see them shutting down for a few days a week so they can turn everything off to pay the bills, encourage working from home, but then like my wife who does for the NHS she will want the bloody heating on to keep warm so we end up paying the bill! It’s a clusterfuck of epic proportions, get rid of VAT, Green levy etc it’s a start, we can look after the planer later I’m sorry but that’s the truth, needs must.
oh and stop the standing charges rising any further, there is no need for them to go up.

We shouldn't be getting rid of green levies, we should be investing far more into producing renewable energy. We have enough tidal, wind and solar power around our shores. We need to be fair less reliant on countries who have questionable ethics. We can only do this by becoming self reliant.

Even if the levies are dropped, given the scale of rises they are drops in the ocean. I checked how much it would cost to get a new deal with Octopus and it would be 550 a month and it's not a large house, it's fairly average really. That's about 4 times what I was paying 2 years ago. It needs something much, much more interventionist from the govt as there's no way people can afford bills like that.

Q
We shouldn't be getting rid of green levies, we should be investing far more into producing renewable energy. We have enough tidal, wind and solar power around our shores. We need to be fair less reliant on countries who have questionable ethics. We can only do this by becoming self reliant.

Even if the levies are dropped, given the scale of rises they are drops in the ocean. I checked how much it would cost to get a new deal with Octopus and it would be 550 a month and it's not a large house, it's fairly average really. That's about 4 times what I was paying 2 years ago. It needs something much, much more interventionist from the govt as there's no way people can afford bills like that.
the dropping of the levy is just until all this settles down mate, every little helps, I’d be interested to know what other countries pay for their energy and how they are handling it, I believe the French have renationalised EDF.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.