Gas & Electricity

I’m sure there’s a few people who remember the old maidens in the kitchen with the rope and pulley system hanging from the ceiling ?

Bring em back I say !
You can still buy them, my dad just installed one in his house. The problem being most houses have ceilings too low now so while if you do have room for one, although it gets cheaper to dry your clothes it gets dearer to warm the room in the first place.

I'm not even turning it on.......may as well spend all my money at that chicken shop near Huddersfield Towns ground

Although paying my leccy bill would probably be cheaper
Told you it wasn't cheap there mate. * Bang on chicken n' chips though, eh?

I've still those chicken wings in my fridge. Tell ya what I'll nibble the chicken to the bone and bring the bones round to yours. I'll even throw in half a tub of hot chilli sauce and you can stir it into a bowl of cold corporation pop,(water) That chilli will warm your bones; )

*Marstons Chicken shop. Big juicy good quality chicken pieces under seasoned crispy skin. Much better than the skin n' bone merchants trading as KFC.

Told you it wasn't cheap there mate. * Bang on chicken n' chips though, eh?

I've still those chicken wings in my fridge. Tell ya what I'll nibble the chicken to the bone and bring the bones round to yours. I'll even throw in half a tub of hot chilli sauce and you can stir it into a bowl of cold corporation pop,(water) That chilli will warm your bones; )

*Marstons Chicken shop. Big juicy good quality chicken pieces under seasoned crispy skin. Much better skin n' bone merchants trading as KFC.
plus the view in the car park ;)

Anecdotal question, but the population in the UK in 1992 was 57 million, it is now 68 million.

Does an extra 10 million people, new homes and all using Gas and Electric push up the demand, thus also push the increase in cost ?

Anecdotal question, but the population in the UK in 1992 was 57 million, it is now 68 million.

Does an extra 10 million people, new homes and all using Gas and Electric push up the demand, thus also push the increase in cost ?
Is that what they call growth?

Planners should factor energy requirements into this sort of thing Shirley?

Ultimately we have to get rid of Gas and should have done years ago.

Is that what they call growth?

Planners should factor energy requirements into this sort of thing Shirley?

Ultimately we have to get rid of Gas and should have done years ago.

Yes, seems our capacity to store Gas is nowhere close enough for the demand

Yes, seems our capacity to store Gas is nowhere close enough for the demand
plus the ridiculous market pricing strategy.....why should we pay what the market says ......these are utilities we need not a choice we make.

Like water as well - they should be not for profit.

You can still buy them, my dad just installed one in his house. The problem being most houses have ceilings too low now so while if you do have room for one, although it gets cheaper to dry your clothes it gets dearer to warm the room in the first place.
Must be really low these days then, like bleedin rabbit hutches :-D, my Nanna had one in her council house in Benchill and we had one in our flat nearby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.