Gas & Electricity

You probably already know of them but we use upstairs in a couple of positions, they take 3 AAA batteries and pop on for 30 seconds or so when they sense movement. A godsend when getting up for a pee in the middle of the night. We did have to put them on top of the radiators though as the dog liked to lie in front of them and wave his paw all night (yes, really :( ).

We got something similar they are under cupboard lights but can be used anywhere.USB charging and are really good

Attachments

• 35787413-799C-48BA-8720-097D14188AB3.png
    35787413-799C-48BA-8720-097D14188AB3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
It's funny isn't it.
My Mother had 4 sons and my Dad, she never had a tumble dryer or CH. No idea how the dried all that washing, especially in winter. If she was alive I would ask her.
Probably a clothes maiden in front of the fire just like my mam did

You probably already know of them but we use upstairs in a couple of positions, they take 3 AAA batteries and pop on for 30 seconds or so when they sense movement. A godsend when getting up for a pee in the middle of the night. We did have to put them on top of the radiators though as the dog liked to lie in front of them and wave his paw all night (yes, really :( ).

Thanks , i like the look of those

If you are heating just the space you are in I think gas generally will win the battle. Gas is about 1/3rd the cost of electricity per Kwh. Depending on how old / efficient your central heating is it could be closer I guess. Maybe experiment with both and take your meter readings or have a look at your usage if you have a smart meter.

This is a wise answer that people need to read. People rushing out spending lots of cash on electric radiators when they have central heating seems insane to me

I think central heating but only in the room you need it and switch the other radiators off seems the way to go , turning down the settings on the boiler as well, thank you everyone for your suggestions , gas is still less than elec, for now at least

We are sticking with a std boiler missus won't have floorboards up s should just be a straightforward job have known ours was goosed for a few years but price of gas meant payback was a few years reckon 18 months now just got decide Worcstet Bosh or Ideal
Ordered the Worcester Bosh just got an email saying they are out of stock but i can have a Viessmann for same price never heard of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.