Gas & Electricity

Got up this morning and checked the smart meter. WTF!! have used up more by 8 this morning than I did the whole of yesterday. Am shocked by that. Have the temp set at a minimum of 17. Will be reducing that down from now. What does everyone else have their set for their minimum temp?
I've set ours to only come on between 7:30am and 11:30pm, the wife usually turns the thermostat off before coming to bed so it won't actually come on until I turn it up in the morning if needed.

Got up this morning and checked the smart meter. WTF!! have used up more by 8 this morning than I did the whole of yesterday. Am shocked by that. Have the temp set at a minimum of 17. Will be reducing that down from now. What does everyone else have their set for their minimum temp?
As its only me and the wife we have both said no matter how cold it gets the heating ain't going on until December.

Its set at the lowest temp that the computer controler thing for the boiler allows which is 6C.

We were both brought up in households in the 60's that had ice on the inside of all the bedroom windows, so this is nothing compared to that.

I have my long Johns, jumpers, parka and bob hat at the ready. But to be honest I haven't had the cause to use them yet. House is double glazed throughout, we have the loft and cavity walls insulated and in the summer we had a brand new roof put on which has definately made our house warmer.

We won't get away with it in December as we have Grandkids coming for numerous sleepovers/baby sitting etc so the house will be hotter than a suana then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.