Gas & Electricity

For those still unsure about getting a smart meter.

I now get my electricity and gas usage and costs readings everyday.

If you have a Nest thermostat go into settings, it has loads of info, like when you use your heating each day and for how long.

View attachment 61004

View attachment 61005
How will that help you other than tell you when and how much your daily use is?

How will that help you other than tell you when and how much your daily use is?

Now I know why and where I'm still using that amount of energy, so I can look at what I have left on, what I'm using, and I can make further changes, if possible? But it will come to a point where I can't turn anything more off or use anything less.

It's also good to know on a daily, weekly and monthly basis what my real time gas and electricity costs are so I don't get a shock. It also means I can ignore estimated bills because I haven't sent my meter readings in on time.

Just had my bill through, they upped me to £350 a month six months sago. I’m now in credit by over £1200 and they want to up it again to £495. Even their projected usage would still mean I stay well over £1200 in credit.

Seems to be no way on the website or bill to challenge it either.

Just had my bill through, they upped me to £350 a month six months sago. I’m now in credit by over £1200 and they want to up it again to £495. Even their projected usage would still mean I stay well over £1200 in credit.

Seems to be no way on the website or bill to challenge it either.
You're with EDF looking at your previous posts? If so then on the website click on 'My Direct Debit' and then on 'Increase Payments Now' and complete the form. They do review it first but I've never had an issue changing it.

I'm fairly certain it used to be called 'Change DD Amount' and that is the link shown when hovering over it. I'm not sure of the thinking behind changing the wording.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.