Gas & Electricity

Just had my bill through, they upped me to £350 a month six months sago. I’m now in credit by over £1200 and they want to up it again to £495. Even their projected usage would still mean I stay well over £1200 in credit.

Seems to be no way on the website or bill to challenge it either.

I am really thinking these companies are taking the piss out of us with these quotes. Is it a case they are trying to boost their coffers with our money?

In my case I am now £631 in credit, I am paying £154 a month and then get the £66 payment from the Government meaning the account gets credited by £220 a month. Now last month we started to put the heating on and the bill came in at £88 for the month, I know it is going to get colder so lets say that my bill increases by another 50% this brings it up to £132 a month. So I am still going to see the credit grow by £88 a month. With another 4 months of the government payments that could mean that I have the current £631 credit plus another £352 giving a total of £983 come next April.

Now I understand that in April the Government funding is due to stop and the price cap is due to increase but it is also going to be getting much warmer and the energy usage will again drop.

I can't help feeling a lot of people are being taken advantage of.

The problem with all this is it sounds good, but the average house only uses 11kWh in an entire 24hr period. So if you go back to living like someone from the 18th Century between 5 and 6 pm you might get £2.25 back but it’s unlikely to be that much, particularly as it’s based on what you have been using recently i.e. after everyone has already cut back.
Screenshot_20221115-192646.png
Easy money if this carries on.
Not sure what the amount is yet.

View attachment 61017
Easy money if this carries on.
Not sure what the amount is yet.
Right so the game is put a some metal around your meter to shield it during the saving session plus a bit either side for good measure. This should prevent the unit communicating back to the supplier as it uses the HAN network which works at 868MHz and 2.45GHz. At those frequencies a few layers of aluminium foil should do.

You're with EDF looking at your previous posts? If so then on the website click on 'My Direct Debit' and then on 'Increase Payments Now' and complete the form. They do review it first but I've never had an issue changing it.

I'm fairly certain it used to be called 'Change DD Amount' and that is the link shown when hovering over it. I'm not sure of the thinking behind changing the wording.

Ah I did see that, can you reduce through that route too then?

Ah I did see that, can you reduce through that route too then?
Presumably, I didn't click through but it looks to be the same route I have used in the past. Very odd choice of wording on it which will make a lot of people ignore it (which is possibly the point or is that too cynical?).

Presumably, I didn't click through but it looks to be the same route I have used in the past. Very odd choice of wording on it which will make a lot of people ignore it (which is possibly the point or is that too cynical?).

I don’t think it’s possible to be too cynical with some of it!

Yes you can, EDF are making it up as they go along last month they are advising me to increase this month my forecast has gone down, they are taking the piss I’m paying what I want and no more.

Yeah just checked it. It saying “increase payments now” in big font is more than a little misleading…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.