Gas & Electricity

Little experiment tonight as house is getting cold now, once the house is upto temperature every half hour the heating kicks in to get back to 20 degrees after dropping to around 19.6. We had the heating on an extra 2 and half hours and it cost us about £1. So today we had the heating on for 1 hour this morning it cost, £1.20, a bath cost us about 80p and the heating on tonight for 3 1/4 hours cost £2.34, add in standing charge of 28p.
Total cost today £4.62, with no cooking (chippy tea) you could add 50p for that normally. So I reckoned on £5 a day budget if needed, but we have a lot of credit so on those really cold days it could be on longer if needed.
Trouble is my wife works from home and she as we all know women gets cold unless is 40 degrees! I feel like fucking Scrooge can I put another coal on the fire, it seems though it would be more economical in the colder days to have the heating on for longer periods than intermittent bursts as the house will never get warm before it cuts out.
Fucking hell your house sounds like something out of a Dickens Novel, get a grip man !!!

Been trying to log in to Scottish power for a few days now to send in my meter reading.

They keep sending me emails to send them but it just keeps saying Something went wrong......refresh

Bloody annoying
I have an ongoing 2 year thing with SSE due to their sheer incompetent practice. However, no individual person is at fault, it's the fallout from privatisation. Bring back the Gas Board and the Electricity Board.

Ours is a big older house even with minimal heating on struggling to stay below £10 a day.
We used to live in a Victorian house with 13 ft ceilings. The hall was 45ft long with a wide stairwell 26 ft high. Heating bill prompted the woman in the PO when we paid there, to say “Are you heating the entire village?”. That was 20 years ago. Thank god we moved!

Going have to bite the bullet our boiler is 30 years old and not at all efficient had Warmzilla our to replace it last month but as always not straightforward went from £2050 to over £4000 as regs won't allow it to be fitted in current position due to lack of space for service so had to go in airing cupboard with vent out of roof. Told them do one but not going get any cheaper.
Can recommend this company
https://manchestergasman.co.uk/
Not to be confused with another “Manchester gas man” who got prosecuted for dealing in Nitrous Oxide.
Also this one
https://randsheating.com/

Both done work for me and been reasonably priced and done a good job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.