Gas & Electricity

Not sure what the flow rate is. Have just checked the rad temp it was set at 75. Have now set it to 60. Will check the cost again next time I put the heating on.
If you have a combi, the settings for water temp and flo rate are on there.
I did do a calculi of gas heating consumption from cold recently, but cant see to find the results.

I will do another one and upload. Again, the initial flash up after 15 minutes was much higher than each subsequent 15 minute markers. The boiler runs constant without thermostatic cut off for whatever period were comfy with and then we simply switch off and enjoy until the heat dissipates.

There is a button press on the gas meter to give you a break down reading of an M3 unit for real time accuracy.

Last edited:
Had 2 emails from OVO energy today first saying my smart meter isn't sending readings and asking me to send in manual ones the second saying my dd of £280 isn't enough and asking to raise to £305 if they aren't getting readings how do they know?
3rd on just arrived £311 now.

They don't know. My elderly parents so called smart meter was broken for over a year. They sent three engineers to fix it and it still remained broken. They massively overestimated their bills until they got it stopped. It's working now but it took them long enough. I've refused to have one but I'm sure I will be forced at some point.

If you have a combi, the settings for water temp and flo rate are on there.
I did do a calculi of gas heating consumption from cold recently, but cant see to find the results.

I will do another one tonight and upload. Again, the initial flash up after 15 minutes was much higher than each subsequent 15 minute markers. The boiler runs constant without thermostatic cut off for whatever period were comfy with and then we simply switch off and enjoy until the heat dissipates.

There is a button press on the gas meter to give you a break down reading of an M3 unit for real time accuracy.
Thanks for the detailed response. Most of it went over my head unfortunately. I don't even know if I have a combi or condensing boiler. The radiator icon when I press it came up with 75. As said in previous post now reduced that to 60. Tap icon was on when pressed was showing 60. Have put that down to 54. I'm a women who doesn't really understand this sort of stuff.

this is your freind
View attachment 61190
this is your enemy
View attachment 61191
I love my log burner
my log burner loves me
she feeds me heat
which is free from the tree
when it gets chilly
i light my fire
i have no direct debit
which goes higher and higher
outside temp is -9
sat here in my shorts i feel just fine
Free from the tree? Ton bag of firewood I bought a few weeks ago certainly wasnt free

Thanks for the detailed response. Most of it went over my head unfortunately. I don't even know if I have a combi or condensing boiler. The radiator icon when I press it came up with 75. As said in previous post now reduced that to 60. Tap icon was on when pressed was showing 60. Have put that down to 54. I'm a women who doesn't really understand this sort of stuff.
The combi will just flash up and heat the water from cold mate. As soon as you switch on the tap it springs into life on demand and stops when your done, as opposed to heating a full immersion cylinder up.

Last edited:
The combi will just flash up and heat the water from cold mate. As soon as you switch on the tap it springs into life and stops when your done, as opposed to heating a full immersion cylinder up.
Got you. I have a combi boiler then. Thanks for that. Every day is a school day.

They don't know. My elderly parents so called smart meter was broken for over a year. They sent three engineers to fix it and it still remained broken. They massively overestimated their bills until they got it stopped. It's working now but it took them long enough. I've refused to have one but I'm sure I will be forced at some point.
Going have to bite the bullet our boiler is 30 years old and not at all efficient had Warmzilla our to replace it last month but as always not straightforward went from £2050 to over £4000 as regs won't allow it to be fitted in current position due to lack of space for service so had to go in airing cupboard with vent out of roof. Told them do one but not going get any cheaper.

Going have to bite the bullet our boiler is 30 years old and not at all efficient had Warmzilla our to replace it last month but as always not straightforward went from £2050 to over £4000 as regs won't allow it to be fitted in current position due to lack of space for service so had to go in airing cupboard with vent out of roof. Told them do one but not going get any cheaper.
Might it be better to get a heat pump if a boiler is going to be expensive anyway? Not sure if there are any kind of grants to help with costs, but it might be worth having a look before forking out £4k for a boiler.

Same here. I've still got two separate systems, one heating the hot water and one the central heating. They e been in since I bought the house thirty years ago.

I used boilercentral 18 months ago 1700 fitted they offer 0% finance they fitted it next day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.