Gas & Electricity

Was talking to a few people today about gas and electric. Not.one of us could give a reason as to why the standing charges have gone up. Anyone on here know why?

Last edited:
I've got an open fire and sourced a shit load of wood in the summer, so fortunately we don't need the heating on in the evening. For families previously managing, but working to a tight budget before all this broke, it must be fucking head-spinning at the moment.

I've got an open fire and sourced a shit load of wood in the summer, so fortunately we don't need the heating on in the evening. For families previously managing, but working to a tight budget before all this broke, it must be fucking head-spinning at the moment.
I bought an electric chainsaw and try to pick up fuel in the woods down the road whilst walking the dog.
Stock piling for next year already.

Yep, and as @tolmie's hairdoo said in the post you’ve quoted the key here is that they are basing it on last year’s usage and pretty much everyone is reducing how long they have the heating on due to the costs.

I currently would be paying £275 per month to Octopus, which is reduced to £208 due to the government assistance, and am £800 in credit. I had an email from Octopus last night telling me they wanted to put my dd up to just shy of £400 per month, however I could set it lower myself but anything lower than £280 and I have to phone them to discuss. Fucking comedians, so I’ve just set it at £280.
Just ring them mate and set it for whatever figure you wish. The chap on the phone effectively said it was our money and ours to do with as we see fit. D.D was reduced with a refund back to account within 5 days. One of the best interactional energy companies I have ever dealt with.

Octopus wanted me to go pay 120 a month so I stuck it on 80. My balance is about -100

Now I fall out of my fixed term in January and they want 233. No chance

I bought an electric chainsaw and try to pick up fuel in the woods down the road whilst walking the dog.
Stock piling for next year already.
I've had an electric chainsaw for a while. Get loads of pallets from work. lovely over coals on our open fire. Do need coals though, woods not hot enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.