Gas & Electricity

I’m on track for £450 this month I reckon! Ouch.
Same here, I reckon.

Bit of a pain because in the last week, no gas readings are appearing on my account on the EDF website. Says my meters are working OK. Anyway, I’ll just venture outside to read it once a week so I can keep and eye on it, but £15 a day for gas and electric sounds about right.

I have a confectionery business in Blackpool and we negotiate our gas and electric contract about 9 months ahead. Luckily we had a 2 year contract for gas that runs out Oct 2023. On that we pay approx £500 per month (£6k annually) We are currently sorting out our next contract. In previous years we would have an offer and have a couple of weeks to agree or not. Now we have a few hours.....yesterday we had to let the broker know by 3pm or it would go up!!!! We now have a contract for 2 years from Oct 2023 that is for £23k per year on our curent consumption. I have already increased my prices anticipating this and will do so a couple more times before then.
I feel for pubs/restaurants etc who will be hit very hard. Suspect many won't survive.

Last edited:
Had a report on TV here that German Govt is recommending neighbors alternate heating their homes and share evenings together, to reduce their heating bills by upto half, plus the proverbial “wear a nice warm sweater”!

U.S. reporter was dumbfounded.

Our £67.00 lasted six days this month, so Bill for this month likely to be £341-00! DD just been reduced by bulb to £204 a month, luckily have a few £ in credit!! Still not nice though as that was our total winter spend two years ago!

Driving me insane having to constantly worry about heating/electricity.

I have quite a large debit with Scottish Power due to a historic bill but my dual DD has gone from 90 up to 290 now, including 20 to pay off the debit.

Just a small 2 up 2 down with the Mrs and 2 young kids, does that not seem excessive or about par for what people are finding? We don't have the heating on more than 2/3 hours a day if that.

I've called then recently to reset it as I cancelled the last dd and just made a manual payment but they were quick to jump on the threats/escalations. When you consider there's £66 pm from the government as well, seems a hell of a lot?

I have a confectionery business in Blackpool and we negotiate our gas and electric contract about 9 months ahead. Luckily we had a 2 year contract for gas that runs out Oct 2023. On that we pay approx £500 per month (£12k annually) We are currently sorting out our next contract. In previous years we would have an offer and have a couple of weeks to agree or not. Now we have a few hours.....yesterday we had to let the broker know by 3pm or it would go up!!!! We now have a contract for 2 years from Oct 2023 that is for £23k per year on our curent consumption. I have already increased my prices anticipating this and will do so a couple more times before then.
I feel for pubs/restaurants etc who will be hit very hard. Suspect many won't survive.
Wow. Tough times. Out local has cancelled its Sky/BT Sports contract. Don’t think it’s worth the outlay for the numbers it brings in and it’s a popular pub anyway so they must have done the numbers. Lots of places will close though unless the government step in for businesses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.