Gas & Electricity

Don’t shoot the messenger or hunt me down and kill me if this doesn’t happen but I’ve heard blackouts will be going ahead. Initially 3 hour slots, 3 times a week. The country will be broken into areas and we will all experience different blackout times and days. Disruption will be mostly when we sleep but will be at least 1 outage a week we will notice during our waking hours.

I do hope this is wrong

Don’t shoot the messenger or hunt me down and kill me if this doesn’t happen but I’ve heard blackouts will be going ahead. Initially 3 hour slots, 3 times a week. The country will be broken into areas and we will all experience different blackout times and days. Disruption will be mostly when we sleep but will be at least 1 outage a week we will notice during our waking hours.

I do hope this is wrong

You going to provide any kind of source for that?

I do hope this is wrong
Hmmm I know someone very senior in National Grid Network Control and I was told not that long ago that it would require a very unique set of circumstances for outages to happen which he said were unlikely, this is also in line with a planning report I saw back in Oct/Nov.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few more incentivised power reductions with the cash back for energy saved.

By the way we have just had a record day for wind generation (must be the sprouts) of 21GW !

We had a power cut last night in M29, there was one last week around Thursday. Considering the more money we are paying for power at the moment, it’s getting like the 1980s for outages.
Wow, that sounds awful, hope your all ok in your household, yes we are paying more and more for a hit and miss service it would seem.

I do hope this is wrong
It's alright, I can do it in the dark...

Oh WAKING hours....

My fuel bill for Dec. Was £390, that was with our coal fire Burning most days.The start of January down here on the South coast (though early day's) is £8-00 a day ATM. Albeit I live in an Eot three bedroom house, What I've found for certain is keeping the central heating on at 17degrees constantly there are no hugh hikes in the gas usage unlike having it on for a couple of hours in the morning and then later in the afternoon/evening.

Hmmm I know someone very senior in National Grid Network Control and I was told not that long ago that it would require a very unique set of circumstances for outages to happen which he said were unlikely, this is also in line with a planning report I saw back in Oct/Nov.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few more incentivised power reductions with the cash back for energy saved.

By the way we have just had a record day for wind generation (must be the sprouts) of 21GW !

Hope that’s right mate. Last thing we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.