Gas & Electricity

Just a random conspiracy thought but I wonder at all if this freakishly warm weather for the year is causing price rises in Gas - even today, It's sunny and warm here and I have my window open

+++

The UK recorded an average annual temperature of more than 10C (50F) for the first time in 2022, the Met Office has said.

The national weather service also said 2022 was the country's hottest on record, confirming provisional figures that the year would set a new record.

The mean temperature across the 12 months was 10.03C, beating the previous all-time high of 9.88C in 2014.

Such a freakishly hot year is now likely to happen every three to four years, the analysis warned. Whereas once it would have struck just once in 500 years, had humans not polluted and warmed the climate.

++

Yes. I'm with EDF and I've had 3 payments now.
Ok, cheers mate. I've just checked online and it seems that they applied it to my energy account but haven't subsequently paid it into my bank account as they did with the first 2 payments. I'm not sure why they haven't done it but at around the same time my account was over £500 in credit and I asked them to refund £450 to my bank account. They actually refunded £397 for some weird reason and maybe the £67 was included in that.

Just a random conspiracy thought but I wonder at all if this freakishly warm weather for the year is causing price rises in Gas - even today, It's sunny and warm here and I have my window open

+++

The UK recorded an average annual temperature of more than 10C (50F) for the first time in 2022, the Met Office has said.

The national weather service also said 2022 was the country's hottest on record, confirming provisional figures that the year would set a new record.

The mean temperature across the 12 months was 10.03C, beating the previous all-time high of 9.88C in 2014.

Such a freakishly hot year is now likely to happen every three to four years, the analysis warned. Whereas once it would have struck just once in 500 years, had humans not polluted and warmed the climate.

++
Why is that a conspiracy thought? That is a fact about climate change, no?

You paid us on 05/12/22 - thank you £ 115.00
Opening balance £ 765.93 in credit

Cost of your energy this month Electricity - £ 89.53 Gas - £ 146.62 Subtotal - £ 236.15

Your new account balance £ 529.78 in credit

I've just signed up and I think Octopus have put me on the wrong electricity tariff for my EV (says it's a July 2022 tariff) but I'm not going to complain...

7.5p/kWh off-peak rate between 23:30 - 05:30
39p/kWh day rate

Their rate for off-peak is advertised at 10p/kWh currently so a 25% saving. It's also fixed until Jan 2024 which sounds a bargain considering prices will rise when the price guarantee and support package ends in 4 months.

Have you had any gas usage data in the last month or so?

I'm with EDF, and I think they are losing the plot. To be fair, they have put a banner on my account saying that they are aware they are having data issues but the "Hmm, no data" message for gas usage seems to have been a permanent fixture since late November.
I have had no data for a while but started monitoring the readings and sending them every month from the end of September this year as I felt I knew where this was going. They actually sent someone out mid November after they rang to say can they check my electric meter.The meter is registering usage but flashing red so the meter needs replacing and the engineer said they would have to do the gas as well to get everything working properly again.As of yet no further progress with changing meters but they have said they are happy that I don't need to increase my direct debit by £71 and it will be reviewed in July.I am also currently £74 in credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.