Gas & Electricity

I've just signed up and I think Octopus have put me on the wrong electricity tariff for my EV (says it's a July 2022 tariff) but I'm not going to complain...

7.5p/kWh off-peak rate between 23:30 - 05:30
39p/kWh day rate

Their rate for off-peak is advertised at 10p/kWh currently so a 25% saving. It's also fixed until Jan 2024 which sounds a bargain considering prices will rise when the price guarantee and support package ends in 4 months.

starting to think we must be on a wrong rate

we've had our gas on quite a bit last few weeks and now this....

at one point was recommended to pay monthly over £215

++

Good news, you can lower your payments

Based on your current balance and energy usage, we recommend lowering your monthly payments to £23.37.

EDF look to have abandoned paying the discount into bank accounts in favour of paying it direct to the fuel account , could have told us , twats

EDF look to have abandoned paying the discount into bank accounts in favour of paying it direct to the fuel account , could have told us , twats
It shows as a credit on our bill then a couple of days later comes up as a refund and goes into the bank account if that is any help

Reactions: M18
Just a random conspiracy thought but I wonder at all if this freakishly warm weather for the year is causing price rises in Gas - even today, It's sunny and warm here and I have my window open

+++

The UK recorded an average annual temperature of more than 10C (50F) for the first time in 2022, the Met Office has said.

The national weather service also said 2022 was the country's hottest on record, confirming provisional figures that the year would set a new record.

The mean temperature across the 12 months was 10.03C, beating the previous all-time high of 9.88C in 2014.

Such a freakishly hot year is now likely to happen every three to four years, the analysis warned. Whereas once it would have struck just once in 500 years, had humans not polluted and warmed the climate.

++
Have you only got one window?

I have had no data for a while but started monitoring the readings and sending them every month from the end of September this year as I felt I knew where this was going. They actually sent someone out mid November after they rang to say can they check my electric meter.The meter is registering usage but flashing red so the meter needs replacing and the engineer said they would have to do the gas as well to get everything working properly again.As of yet no further progress with changing meters but they have said they are happy that I don't need to increase my direct debit by £71 and it will be reviewed in July.I am also currently £74 in credit.
Our electric and gas meters stopped sending out data readings since the 19th November. Octopus say they are investigating but it may take a little while. It's taken them five weeks just to respond to our emails and imagine they are struggling to cope with their new customer uptake from Bulb. Maybe learn to walk before you can run?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.