Gas & Electricity

Done it and knocked off the customary units... I mean why pay a more expensive rate when you can pay less? Its not as if these companies don't earn enough. Centrica's CEO's pay up from £4m to £8m.... disgraceful.
And the government are allowing them more leeway to charge the people who do pay more to make up for those who can't and (much worse) those who won't. The government isn't paying it (although ultimately that still comes down to us) and the energy companies have their vast profits and bonuses to maintain.

For anyone currently on the price cap with no acceptable fixed offers, E-On have a deal at the moment on their website (from the MSE Energy Club page).

"E.on Next 'Next Pledge Tracker 12m V3'
It promises to remain roughly 3% below the Price Cap for a year (so £50/year cheaper at typical use), so when the Cap drops 12% in April, so will this tariff. If the Cap rises in the future, so will this tariff. Therefore, if you're going to stick on the Price Cap, it's well worth considering as this is just a discounted Price Cap tariff.

Available to existing and new E.on Next customers (so you can switch to it from elsewhere)
It's for dual-fuel and electricity-only users
You must pay by Direct Debit and have, or agree to get, a smart meter
It has no early exit fees if you choose to leave early (an earlier version did have exit fees)
We can't switch you to it, so to get it go direct to:E-On Next"

BTW, we qualify for the £150 warm home discount but have just noticed that it wasn't put on the account until the 18th of March despite applying last October or November (I think). It's usually paid into the account within the month so someone has been holding on to it.

Yikes, our EDF 3 year fixed deal ends in September and they've just done a review and bumped our DD from £113 to £148 pcm, I guess that's due to the end of the deal as we seem on target at £113? They've also refunded £270 which makes it look like £113 is more than needed.

The MSE Energy Club website reckons when the deal ends we'll be paying £178 (although the 1 year fixed deals are showing £144(EDF) up currently).

We were paying £74(?) for the previous 3 year deal for comparison. I'll ask them to reduce the current DD back and see where we lie in September.

Last edited:
For anyone currently on the price cap with no acceptable fixed offers, E-On have a deal at the moment on their website (from the MSE Energy Club page).

"E.on Next 'Next Pledge Tracker 12m V3'
It promises to remain roughly 3% below the Price Cap for a year (so £50/year cheaper at typical use), so when the Cap drops 12% in April, so will this tariff. If the Cap rises in the future, so will this tariff. Therefore, if you're going to stick on the Price Cap, it's well worth considering as this is just a discounted Price Cap tariff.

Available to existing and new E.on Next customers (so you can switch to it from elsewhere)
It's for dual-fuel and electricity-only users
You must pay by Direct Debit and have, or agree to get, a smart meter
It has no early exit fees if you choose to leave early (an earlier version did have exit fees)
We can't switch you to it, so to get it go direct to:E-On Next"
That looks interesting, thanks for posting.

It’s a slightly different conversation I guess, but I’m not really not keen about the forced take-up of a smart meter though.

That looks interesting, thanks for posting.

It’s a slightly different conversation I guess, but I’m not really not keen about the forced take-up of a smart meter though.
I've never quite got this pushback against smart meters although we had no choice as the council had already fitted one before we moved here. That said we moved from OurPower(?) to EDF for a good deal straight off and OurPower(?, doesn't sound quite right for some reason) went bust not long after which stopped the meter working for a couple of years as it was a gen1 version.

I dont blame you , i wont have one as i hear more bad things than good things about them . Just done my readings as i expect edf to crash over the weekend
It's like going on Trustpilot to make your buying decisions Kaz, it's mainly only dissatisfied customers who post (or at least an unbalanced percentage of posters) so I never take them at face value.

I personally would go for it as you are potentially barring yourself from some better deals.

I've never quite got this pushback against smart meters although we had no choice as the council had already fitted one before we moved here. That said we moved from OurPower(?) to EDF for a good deal straight off and OurPower(?, doesn't sound quite right for some reason) went bust not long after which stopped the meter working for a couple of years as it was a gen1 version.
Should customers from all companies have been contacted this month about the impact of the cap change? Not heard anything from ours yet …

It's like going on Trustpilot to make your buying decisions Kaz, it's mainly only dissatisfied customers who post (or at least an unbalanced percentage of posters) so I never take them at face value.

I personally would go for it as you are potentially barring yourself from some better deals.
Yes, agreed about negative posts unbalancing the reviews on sites like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.