Gas & Electricity

Should customers from all companies have been contacted this month about the impact of the cap change? Not heard anything from ours yet …
Possibly, I got an email very late last night about my latest bill as it was due anyway. I just happened to be due a "review" this time around (every 6 months I think) and they wanted to put my DD up. There's no mention of the energy cap although I'm on the last 6 months of a 3 year deal so it doesn't affect me at the moment. There is one mention of rising prices in the headline.

Possibly, I got an email very late last night about my latest bill as it was due anyway. I just happened to be due a "review" this time around (every 6 months I think) and they wanted to put my DD up. There's no mention of the energy cap although I'm on the last 6 months of a 3 year deal so it doesn't affect me at the moment. There is one mention of rising prices in the headline.
They contacted me in March - to say they were increasing the monthly DD - by £3 a month. Bearing in mind they knew there were these changes coming in April anyway, it struck me as a bit bizarre, but I shall await what messages they send over the next week or so …

Yikes, our EDF 3 year fixed deal ends in September and they've just done a review and bumped our DD from £113 to £148 pcm, I guess that's due to the end of the deal as we seem on target at £113? They've also refunded £270 which makes it look like £113 is more than needed.

The MSE Energy Club website reckons when the deal ends we'll be paying £178 (although the 1 year fixed deals are showing £144(EDF) up currently).

We were paying £74(?) for the previous 3 year deal for comparison. I'll ask them to reduce the current DD back and see where we lie in September.
That didn't take long, they've already emailed back to say they've put it back to £113pcm.

Well, since the prices shot up we've learnt how to save a lot of money just by being a bit smarter. We dont use the oven to cook 2 sausages, wearing jumpers more, washing machine on a different cycle etc etc. Its been good to learn because I hate the enrgy companies and the way they twist more money out of customers.

The latest thing is our smart meter not working, and apparently it is a nationwide problem. So the energy companies STILL have this situation where we cant check our usage and become informed. Twats, i bet they never fix that until they are forced to.

Smart meters don’t work so having to put readings in. Did so Sunday gone and got new bills through….

EDF gas from 1st Jan to 30th Mar is £280.

Electric for same period is £475 fucking quid! We live in a 3 bed terrace ffs. 4 of us, barely use the oven, everything done in the air fryer and just the usual tv and games consoles for the kids.

How the fuck am I using so much electricity? I’ve asked for an engineer visit to test the meter because my DD is having me pay nearly £3k a year for a family of 4 in an avg size house.

Ridiculous

These new tariffs which are available you need a smart meter which I don’t want. Another rip off and it’s being forced on customers.

Smart meters don’t work so having to put readings in. Did so Sunday gone and got new bills through….

EDF gas from 1st Jan to 30th Mar is £280.

Electric for same period is £475 fucking quid! We live in a 3 bed terrace ffs. 4 of us, barely use the oven, everything done in the air fryer and just the usual tv and games consoles for the kids.

How the fuck am I using so much electricity? I’ve asked for an engineer visit to test the meter because my DD is having me pay nearly £3k a year for a family of 4 in an avg size house.

Ridiculous
We pay around £100 per month in same period pal, family of 3 semi detached. Two adults home basically 24 hours same usage as you tbh, that does seem slightly off, but what I would say is how often do you use your washer and tumble dryer? I’ve got a smart meter and you can see that’s the main culprit and the dishwasher. We bought a dehumidifier to dry our clothes in winter so hardly use the dryer now and it costs pennies compared to a dryer.

That looks interesting, thanks for posting.

It’s a slightly different conversation I guess, but I’m not really not keen about the forced take-up of a smart meter though.
They can’t enforce it .

I had an E.on deal whereby they mentioned having a smart meter fitted but I just never returned their emails…

Scottish Power are phoning me regularly saying they are going to make an appointment to fit a smart meter. I’ve told them I’m not having a smart meter. Am I within my rights to refuse their smart meter?

Maybe.
You can be required to have one if your current meter is faulty or “at end of life”, anything from 10-20 years old.

Octopus emailed me to say my leccy meter "was out of certification" and a new meter had to be installed. I opted for the smart meter because I can just unplug the HMI if I don't want to see how much energy I'm using.
As an aside, the smart meter was fitted over three weeks ago but the post installation link-up wasn't completed until I phoned this morning to ask WTFIGO? It now works with a very pretty display. The wonders of technology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.