Gas & Electricity

Same boat here. The Mrs is on ESA and PIP. We got the £150 but also got another £30 from somewhere last night.
Personal care has shot up along with everything else so it has been a bummer we didnt get the universal credit money during covid , hopefully we get a decent amount coming in , it will all help, as always i need to see the exact details as people think everyone on benefits is on uc

Best wishes to you both

Universal credit is the main one but loads of us are still on the old style ones like esa and pips so we have had no help through covid or to my understanding this new package bar the £150 for disability , need to wait and see i guess

On Martin Lewis he said you could ask to be moved over. He said book an appointment with benefits consultant or whatever they are called and they’ll tell you if you’re better off moving over or not - and if you are you can request to be moved. Eventually you’re going to get moved anyways so if you’re better off moving might as well do it now.

On Martin Lewis he said you could ask to be moved over. He said book an appointment with benefits consultant or whatever they are called and they’ll tell you if you’re better off moving over or not - and if you are you can request to be moved. Eventually you’re going to get moved anyways so if you’re better off moving might as well do it now.
Thanks for that , i will ask , i thought we had to just wait , is now a good time though , they will know , ta

which begs the question..why the huge increases?

I'm a thick **** though and don't get how it all works.

It stinks of corruption to me.

In basic terms... Southern Gas buy their supply a year ahead, in bulk, at todays prices from the energy makers. They then sell it onto us at an extortionate rate quoting investment in the system (pipes etc), shareholders to pay dividends, tax to the government and a very small profit...

They, and say Shell the people who get the stuff out of the ground, then make a huge profit and everyone is happy...

Apart from the end customer. Us.

Electricity is higher as we mostly ditched the cheapest option, nuclear, in favour of, and this is a doozy, burning gas to make electricity with a bit of wind and water power thrown in. This is then sold to the companies, then sold to you via the grid at an extortionate price.

In basic terms... Southern Gas buy their supply a year ahead, in bulk, at todays prices from the energy makers. They then sell it onto us at an extortionate rate quoting investment in the system (pipes etc), shareholders to pay dividends, tax to the government and a very small profit...

They, and say Shell the people who get the stuff out of the ground, then make a huge profit and everyone is happy...

Apart from the end customer. Us.

Electricity is higher as we mostly ditched the cheapest option, nuclear, in favour of, and this is a doozy, burning gas to make electricity with a bit of wind and water power thrown in. This is then sold to the companies, then sold to you via the grid at an extortionate price.
I've now got a fucking headache you ****

which begs the question..why the huge increases?

I'm a thick **** though and don't get how it all works.

It stinks of corruption to me.

Refining is the answer. The gas and oil we get at a well head isn’t any use until it’s refined. We’ve lose huge refining capacity from Russia invasion of Ukraine and we don’t have enough capacity in the world to make up for it as domestic refining capacity in the west has reduced significantly over the years. That leaves us with refined product prices are through the roof. 198.9p a litre I saw for diesel last night at one garage I stopped off at. £2 a litre!! Fuck me

Refining is the answer. The gas and oil we get at a well head isn’t any use until it’s refined. We’ve lose huge refining capacity from Russia invasion of Ukraine and we don’t have enough capacity in the world to make up for it as domestic refining capacity in the west has reduced significantly over the years. That leaves us with refined product prices are through the roof. 198.9p a litre I saw for diesel last night at one garage I stopped off at. £2 a litre!! Fuck me
you're not helping my headache you ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.