Gate for Ajax

danburge82 said:

-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm --

BlueBilly said:
black mamba said:
I doubt if it would have been a full house even if we were topping the group , so i can't really see it being one now we're holding the group up !

The shame is that for every City who genuinely believes we can still qualify , there are probably ten , or even twenty more , who don't !

Don't think we can qualify, but I'll still be there. It's the Champions League for fucks sake, if someone's got the money and they're not otherwise engaged with work etc, then there's no excuse for not being there. Has the novelty of playing the best clubs in Europe worn off on some people all ready?
To be honest, yes. The Champions League is not as good or speacial as it is made out to be and i've been quite unimpressed/let down with that fact in the past year. I thought it was the be all and end all of this sport, i thought it was truly special...it really isn't. (Maybe i need to experience the latter stages, a big quarter or semi final night might change my mind).

But, of course, i'll be there. As i always am.

I'm with you there, sport!!

LoveCity said:
Just give as many of the remaining tickets as possible to schools, United clearly are for their CL games and you can hear the kids count down to 45 and 90 minutes. If we can't sell them, create new fans.
My mate has got a freebie, hes a teacher at school in North MCR. Said they were given ten paper tickets by City today. Got one for Dortmund EL3, and Villa in cup. Thing is hes a Bluecard holder and now waits to see if he can get one for free. Its a tricky one this. Can see both sides to it.

danburge82 said:

BlueBilly said:
black mamba said:
I doubt if it would have been a full house even if we were topping the group , so i can't really see it being one now we're holding the group up !

The shame is that for every City who genuinely believes we can still qualify , there are probably ten , or even twenty more , who don't !

Don't think we can qualify, but I'll still be there. It's the Champions League for fucks sake, if someone's got the money and they're not otherwise engaged with work etc, then there's no excuse for not being there. Has the novelty of playing the best clubs in Europe worn off on some people all ready?

To be honest, yes. The Champions League is not as good or speacial as it is made out to be and i've been quite unimpressed/let down with that fact in the past year. I thought it was the be all and end all of this sport, i thought it was truly special...it really isn't. (Maybe i need to experience the latter stages, a big quarter or semi final night might change my mind).

I found watching Napoli and Dortmond a fantastic experience. Two teams who play superb 2 touch football that has been in a different class to our own at times.
Im happy to pay to see top drawer teams like that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I am missing now due to work but seat will be a filled by Liverpool supporting mate of my lad so at least not empty.

I can't really blame people who were not in cup scheme to swerve this one based on our shit showing so far.

So you advocate only going to watch when we are playing well

simonk said:
danburge82 said:

BlueBilly said:

I found watching Napoli and Dortmond a fantastic experience. Two teams who play superb 2 touch football that has been in a different class to our own at times.
Im happy to pay to see top drawer teams like that.
No doubt, they were great to watch.

But Bayern at home was boring and was like watching a souped up friendly and moreover i was just expecting a lot more in terms of atmosphere and buzz around the ground and in the stands for all games. It's been dead apart from when Kun scored the late winner against Villarreal.

Would much rather be sat next to an empty seat and loyal proper blues than some of the whoppers in the away end on saturday

mancitymick said:
ell said:
Would much rather be sat next to an empty seat and loyal proper blues than some of the whoppers in the away end on saturday

I take it you mean West Ham? I tore into a City fan who though it was funny to snigger and laugh during the minutes silence
Yes mate. Good on you too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.