Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36 million move to City!

samharris said:
theevilweasel said:
I love the denials.

But ask yourself what are they denying? We never seem to know how the question was worded.

The press should publish any questions they asked when publishing quotes.

For example

The City source and Branca could have been - Has Sneijder signed for City. Seeing though the deal has not been concluded yet, the answer would be no.

Hence the press run with the story City and Inter deny the story published in Gazetta.

Its all in the wording bud...all they have done is deny that a deal hasnt been done..(not that theres a deal in place)

Correct, but can we rule out that one of the journo's has not asked, are City and Inter in discussion over Sneijder?

Re: Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36 million move to City

I think I can clarify ... due to poor translation ...

Sneijder was looking at a move to the scum, but after all the reports from Balo, Tevez, et al about 'Manchester' not being a nice place, he was concerned and spoke with our Nigel about the place. Nigel told him that it was great, and he really enjoyed it here.

Eventually Sneijder told his agent, "OK, the City seems fine".

Commence rumor ;)

SSN " Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City have not wrapped up a deal for Wesley Sneijder." some editing going on!
"

what ever happens we are going to sign 2 big name players..end of

johnny crossan said:
SSN " Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City have not wrapped up a deal for Wesley Sneijder." some editing going on!
"
BBC

Manchester City have denied bidding £31.4m for Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder after reports surfaced in an Italian newspaper.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Friday that City had made an offer for the 27-year-old Dutch international.

A source at Manchester City has told BBC Sport no bid for Sneijder has been made for the midfielder.

FA Cup holders City play Premier League champions Manchester United in the Community Shield on Sunday at Wembley.

Sneijder was named in Inter Milan's starting line-up against AC Milan as they city rivals contest the Italian Super Cup in Beijing. The article in La Gazzetta said he would fly to England after the match to begin talks with City.

Inter have also denied any talks have taken place regarding a proposed move to the Premier League for Sneijder.

WESLEY SNEIJDER
Continue reading the main story
Began his career at Ajax in 2002 before moving to Real Madrid in 2007, winning La Liga in his debut season in Spain. Two years later he moved to Inter Milan, winning the Champions League in his first season.
On Thursday, Inter coach Gian Piero Gasperini said: "I think there is a bit of misinformation flying around, in fact a lot. I've realised that when it comes to Inter, people exaggerate situations that don't exist.

"It's normal during the transfer window that there are rumours especially revolving around a club like ours which has great players.

United have been linked with signing Sneijder before the end of the transfer window, but manager Sir Alex Ferguson has consistently denied he has made an offer for the player.

On Monday, after arriving in China, Sneijder was asked about a possible transfer away from Inter Milan.

He replied: "Maybe. I have played in many big competitions in Holland, Spain and Italy and I'm still here.

"What is going to happen we will see but I am a happy guy. There is always a chance something will happen but we will see."

4 minutes into the AC v Inter game and Sneijder is lookin shit hot haha

Gazzetta dello Sport was the first paper to annunce the Leonardo's exit from Inter; they obviusly have good connections with the club. City and Inter are dening for obvius reasons; i'm expecting him to be a City player by next week and i will enjoy the rags rage :)

Marvin said:
johnny crossan said:
"
BBC

Manchester City have denied bidding £31.4m for Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder after reports surfaced in an Italian newspaper.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Friday that City had made an offer for the 27-year-old Dutch international.

A source at Manchester City has told BBC Sport no bid for Sneijder has been made for the midfielder.

FA Cup holders City play Premier League champions Manchester United in the Community Shield on Sunday at Wembley.

Sneijder was named in Inter Milan's starting line-up against AC Milan as they city rivals contest the Italian Super Cup in Beijing. The article in La Gazzetta said he would fly to England after the match to begin talks with City.

Inter have also denied any talks have taken place regarding a proposed move to the Premier League for Sneijder.

WESLEY SNEIJDER
Continue reading the main story
Began his career at Ajax in 2002 before moving to Real Madrid in 2007, winning La Liga in his debut season in Spain. Two years later he moved to Inter Milan, winning the Champions League in his first season.
On Thursday, Inter coach Gian Piero Gasperini said: "I think there is a bit of misinformation flying around, in fact a lot. I've realised that when it comes to Inter, people exaggerate situations that don't exist.

"It's normal during the transfer window that there are rumours especially revolving around a club like ours which has great players.

United have been linked with signing Sneijder before the end of the transfer window, but manager Sir Alex Ferguson has consistently denied he has made an offer for the player.

On Monday, after arriving in China, Sneijder was asked about a possible transfer away from Inter Milan.

He replied: "Maybe. I have played in many big competitions in Holland, Spain and Italy and I'm still here.

"What is going to happen we will see but I am a happy guy. There is always a chance something will happen but we will see."

Didn't they also say they're not interested in Tevez?

So should we all believe that too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.