GB News

We've not seen its like before, but its standard fare for right wing broadcasting, the same old tropes and talking points.

Joe Biden is senile, Prince Harry a subversive, immigration is a "crisis", as is crime. Global warming is only grudgingly acknowledged, having previously been denied, but every action to tackle it is undermined.

They purport to speak for the "people", the silent majority, held hostage by liberal elites. Individual liberty is defined as the freedom to consume. Collective action by the downtrodden is subversive, collective action by the rich, or on behalf of the rich, is a celebration of success, enterprise and freedom.

History is immutable, any attempt at a dispassionate analysis is an attack on the British people. Europeans, of which we are not one, are suspect, the Anglo-sphere is not.

Left and right divisions are meaningless, only power and freedom as defined by them exist. Economic inequality is inevitable, job insecurity the consequence of a thrusting entrepreneurial global Britain and should be celebrated. There's the odd nod to the deserving and undeserving poor but there is no such thing as racial inequality, only victimhood.

Sprinkle in a Blairite from time to time, have the odd black presenter play a bit part, get a few faces on board you never suspected had fascist tendencies or would lie for money and Bingo! Great Reich News.
Wonderful analysis there mate.

With the ‘mad ex nurse’, Bob Moran & the aforementioned rant from ‘cheeky prankster’ Mark Dolan, it’s a strange place out there atm.
I have this anger but I fear lashing back just fans the flames.

Wonderful analysis there mate.

With the ‘mad ex nurse’, Bob Moran & the aforementioned rant from ‘cheeky prankster’ Mark Dolan, it’s a strange place out there atm.
I have this anger but I fear lashing back just fans the flames.

I wish I knew what to tell you, but I don't.

I can see no path out of this downward spiral, not in the short to medium term anyways and when you're my age that's the only term you have.

We've not seen its like before, but its standard fare for right wing broadcasting, the same old tropes and talking points.

GB News purports to speak for the decent "people" of this country, to give voice to the silent majority, long held hostage, marginalised and silenced by liberal elites.

Individual liberty is defined as the freedom to consume. Collective action by the downtrodden is subversive, collective action by the rich, or on behalf of the rich, is a celebration of success, enterprise and freedom. Money and resources spent for the greater good, like the NHS and education, are a burden on future generations, money spent on the military or anything that makes the already rich, richer is not.

Tax cuts and bailouts for the rich are a stimulus to the economy.

Joe Biden is senile, Prince Harry a subversive, immigration is a "crisis", as is crime. Global warming is only grudgingly acknowledged, having previously been denied, but every action to tackle it is undermined.

History is immutable, any attempt at a dispassionate analysis is a woke attack on the British people. Europeans, of which we are not one, are suspect, the Anglo-sphere is not.

Left and right divisions are meaningless, only power and freedom as defined by them exist. Economic inequality is inevitable, job insecurity the consequence of a thrusting entrepreneurial global Britain and should be celebrated. There's the odd nod to the deserving and undeserving poor but there is no such thing as racial inequality, only victimhood.

Sprinkle in the occasional Blairite to get "both sides of the argument", have a bit part black presenter or two, get a few surprising faces you never suspected had fascist tendencies or would lie for money and Bingo! Great Reich News.
Fabulous post.

The bit about "both sides of the argument" is so true, its what the BBC did too well in some respects because they gave equal weight to opposite sides of debate when one of the sides were crackpots.

GB News purports to speak for the decent "people" of this country, to give voice to the silent majority, long held hostage, marginalised and silenced by liberal elites.

Individual liberty is defined as the freedom to consume. Collective action by the downtrodden is subversive, collective action by the rich, or on behalf of the rich, is a celebration of success, enterprise and freedom. Money and resources spent for the greater good, like the NHS and education, are a burden on future generations, money spent on the military or anything that makes the already rich, richer is not.

Tax cuts and bailouts for the rich are a stimulus to the economy.

History is immutable, any attempt at a dispassionate analysis is a woke attack on the British people. Europeans, of which we are not one, are suspect, the Anglo-sphere is not.

Sprinkle in the occasional Blairite to get "both sides of the argument", have a bit part black presenter or two, get a few surprising faces you never suspected had fascist tendencies or would lie for money and Bingo! Great Reich News.
Excellent!

Fabulous post.

The bit about "both sides of the argument" is so true, its what the BBC did too well in some respects because they gave equal weight to opposite sides of debate when one of the sides were crackpots.
I witnessed this first hand on Sunday.

My unions AGS was invited on for what he was told would be a regular Sunday morning slot as the token lefty. He decided to do it on our picket line. Being a Derry boy he didn't hold back on his views on Northern Ireland and was asked about the unions policy on the so called pingdemic on the transport network.

He told Farage that Boris is up there with the greatest Irish rebels for his determination to secure a United Ireland. It didn't go down too well with Nigel or his audience of 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Andrew reappeared yet or is he still holed up in France? Let’s hope he doesn’t try sailing across. The RNLI will probably ram him.

Has Andrew reappeared yet or is he still holed up in France? Let’s hope he doesn’t try sailing across. The RNLI will probably ram him.

I believe his last public utterances were in an interview he gave from France saying GB News was about to be a runaway success. That interview was given to the Spectator. He was literally talking to himself if you like - his entire existence is like that now - his own little self generated echo chamber

I believe his last public utterances were in an interview he gave from France saying GB News was about to be a runaway success. That interview was given to the Spectator. He was literally talking to himself if you like - his entire existence is like that now - his own little self generated echo chamber

There is a positive though.

He is the last of a dying breed. The clan Neil dies with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.