GB News

You’re just making stuff up now. The lad said “traced her ancestry back to Norman England”, that is a period in time. He never said “traced her Ancestry and found out she has Norman genes”.
Exactly and the Normans replaced the ruling class, rather than the general population.

A disingenuous point regarding Anglo Saxons.

That figure is the percentage of Anglo Saxon DNA is in modern English people, not how many Anglo Saxons there are in the population.

It’s the most significant DNA group in English people in 2021.
Because there's no such thing as an Anglo Saxon any more.

What's your definition of native English?

I saw you’re 60 on another thread. You’re my generation and yet I feel like I’m talking to a teenager.

I have a young, enquiring mind and a sunny disposition.

The alternative is grumpy **** screaming at the sky that things aren't like they used to be in the good old days.

And I like to rip the piss out of dumb posts.

Seriously, it's a fucking full time job.

I wonder if Farage passes the native test with his German ancestors or Mark Francois with his Italian mother and his surname that literally means Frenchman.

Opened this thread by accident, really who gives a toss how far you can trace anyones dna back and who’s the most British. Anyway back to deadline day.

Because there's no such thing as an Anglo Saxon any more.

What's your definition of native English?
You just said England is 39% Anglo Saxon, make your mind up.

Do I have to repeat my definition of native for the 5th time?

You just said England is 39% Anglo Saxon, make your mind up.

Do I have to repeat my definition of native for the 5th time?
No I said the English population is 37% Anglo Saxon (that means genetically). Some people will be 80%, some will be 10% etc etc. There is no such thing as an Anglo Saxon person. There are just English people with Anglo Saxon genes. There are also Anglo Saxon genes all over Germany and the rest of Northern Europe.

If I recall your definition, it was vague to the point of being meaningless.

I think what you really mean is a cultural definition of being English. In other words, people like you.

No I said the English population is 37% Anglo Saxon (that means genetically). Some people will be 80%, some will be 10% etc etc. There is no such thing as an Anglo Saxon person. There are just English people with Anglo Saxon genes. There are also Anglo Saxon genes all over Germany and the rest of Northern Europe.

If I recall your definition, it was vague to the point of being meaningless.

I think what you really mean is a cultural definition of being English. In other words, people like you.
England just means “Land of the Angles”. English is just how Anglo Saxons started to define themselves, there’s not really a difference, it’s just how language evolved through time.

It is true what you say about the mainland Europe, I saw something online that said English people are more closely linked to Frisian people than we are some areas of Wales. No idea if that’s specifically true but it’s interesting and we definitely do share a lot of DNA from areas where Germanic tribes used to be, across the mainland.

Culturally is important too and I want us to retain our culture. I have no problem having other cultures in my area, I live in Oldham and there’s a good mix, but my only point that it’s reasonable to want ours to be the most prominent one, which it is.

A couple of my pals have retired and now live on the Costa Del Sol, I find what Brits have done over there a little unfair in some areas and a native Spaniard told me as much last time I visited my mate.

Do you think the Spanish fella is justified in being pissed off at Brits there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.