GB News

Before the invading Frenchmen… however they were of Scandinavian descent the Normans :-)

Again, you’re putting words on the end of me fingers that just aren’t there.

What about if you can trace your lineage back to Roman Britain and you are a descendent of a Roman Legionnaire who actually hails from Gaul? Still native?

Hey hang on, that’s a huge jump and not what I’ve said at all.

I’ve defined Native already, Amir Khan would be welcome in my area and I’ve specifically said British citizens should be treated exactly the same, regardless of background.

So why the post above mate?

Oh, I don't know...

I’ve described how I’d define native population above. A lineage that stretches back centuries to that part of the world is native in my eyes.

I don’t think it unreasonable to be welcoming to immigrants but to hold a view that the native population of this country remain the majority number.

Just read the last few pages and noted that native Americans are used as an example. Interestingly native Americans make up roughly 1% of the US population. Similarly indigenous Australians make up 3% of the Australian population. If we define native English as Anglo Saxon we're on about 37%, so there can't be many places in this country that has a majority native population so it's all a bit pointless even mentioning it.
And weren't the Angles and Saxons German?

This is a great thread btw. Trans discussion yesterday. You can only be English ‘if you have French blood’ today.

Top stuff.
You’re just making stuff up now. The lad said “traced her ancestry back to Norman England”, that is a period in time. He never said “traced her Ancestry and found out she has Norman genes”.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about if you can trace your lineage back to Roman Britain and you are a descendent of a Roman Legionnaire who actually hails from Gaul? Still native?
Well if my lineage has been on this island since the days of Roman Britain then that’s nearly 2000 years.

Just read the last few pages and noted that native Americans are used as an example. Interestingly native Americans make up roughly 1% of the US population. Similarly indigenous Australians make up 3% of the Australian population. If we define native English as Anglo Saxon we're on about 37%, so there can't be many places in this country that has a majority native population so it's all a bit pointless even mentioning it.
You can’t really be native English because English isn’t an ethnicity, it’s a language. Anglo-Saxons are not native Britons. Angles and Saxons are from two separate areas that are not really anywhere near each other as well. One is where Southern Denmark is now and the other is where Central Germany is now.

People doing their DNA over the last decade or more are finding that we have a lot less Angle Saxon Frisian Jute or Norse genes than we thought we did anyway, we are finding that our DNA is very strong with ancient Britons. You’d probably be more scientifically/genealogically accurate to call an Englishman a Welsh-Scot than an Anglo-Saxon.

And weren't the Angles and Saxons German?
A disingenuous point regarding Anglo Saxons.

That figure is the percentage of Anglo Saxon DNA is in modern English people, not how many Anglo Saxons there are in the population.

It’s the most significant DNA group in English people in 2021.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.