GB News

ha ha ha - could lose 2 very well paid jobs inside 1 year lol

I mean how low do your audiences have to be to get fired from GB News. I imagine they get judged more on the number of retweets their clips get than actual live viewers. They're basically like a low rent Buzzfeed video creator.

Do you watch it?

Watched it for literally a week or two when it first came to air and very quickly ditched it. It’s amateur hour and always will be. It’s Skynews I watch but I’m about to give that up as 24 hour rolling news is bad for the mental health and is literally dependant on them driving narratives that ensure they get the sort of story and outcomes they want.

Let’s go back to the news at 1,6 and 10 I say and live your life in between free of all these cunts who want to tell you 24 hours a day how bad everything is.

I mean how low do your audiences have to be to get fired from GB News. I imagine they get judged more on the number of retweets their clips get than actual live viewers. They're basically like a low rent Buzzfeed video creator.

says viewer numbers have halved so I assume they are down to single figures?

Does anyone here watch and enjoy GB News?

I ve started watching it, I like to get right and left pov on news, but GB News seems so amateurish.
When the initial thread first popped up a few years ago with Andrew Neil heading it, I thought this was a really good idea as I thought it would be a news channel that gave us news exclusively from and of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

You know, like how we have North West Tonight and Granada News for our region; similarly, I thought this channel was going to give us specific news about our country that delved deeper and more interestingly into news about our country than the BBC and other news channels do because they also spread themselves thin by trying to shoehorn America in far too much.

- Only this morning I had 6 Music on, and on the morning news bulletins one of the top five things they thought the UK needed to know today was that someone in New York State has been charged with some murders… which I couldn’t give one shiny shit about to be quite frank. I don’t live in America, I’m even pretty sure a lot of people in California aren't all that interested in that snippet of news, never mind the British public. Surely something closer to home is bigger news than that today?! -

Anyway, I gave GB News a go for a couple of days and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing. What a load of fucking nonsense that news channel is! I found myself getting angry with it so I never bothered going back. I don’t know a single person who watches it, everyone I know has the same opinion of it that I do… fucking shyyyite, mate!

And then all we’re left with is all the other America-obsessed news channels that are marginally better yet still don’t delve into much of interest to me: too much politics, too much virtue signalling, too much [how can I describe this] WUMming(?) by pitting two sides of arguments against each other for what they think is balance and debate when really it’s just a load of argumentative twattishness most of the time, too much trivial and uninteresting shite, too much about celebrities, too much making out that politicians are celebrities, too much about the USA, too much redshirt-loving City-hating bollocks from one channel to another…

They can all get fucked to be honest.

And I’m still here waiting for something that I want from television News stations but I don’t think I’ll ever get.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BBC's idea of balance is to have one person saying the earth is flat and another denying it. That is not balance at all, it's legitimising total bollocks in the name of balance.

As for GBN, words fail me. I'd sooner sit in a pub and listen to a drunk rambling on and talking shite. At least I'd be in a pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.