GB News

If that’s a flavour of the editorial policy he puts in place I’m all for it. Should Neil’s Network becomes a no bullshit news organisation I’ll gladly watch.

That's pretty much what I think - give it a chance to see what it does. I doubt I'll watch much though.

I doubt Johnson will go anywhere near him.

Reactions: mat
Indeed however I don't think we are going to get away from that because we all consciously decide what news to read (based upon the opinions it gives). This is why you won't find many Labour supporters reading the Mail or many right-wingers reading the Mirror.

I don't think the government have blurred facts but rather people at heart don't want to consider facts to form opinions as opposed to their prejudices which is something politicians exploit much more. The time of being quietly humble and considerate in opinions has long gone.

Can you explain why I read the Telegraph, the FT and bought the Economist for years and never bought the Mirror and abhor the Guardian?

Fullfact.org would disagree with your statement on Govt blurring facts, under Johnson we have become a fact free zone.

That's pretty much what I think - give it a chance to see what it does. I doubt I'll watch much though.

I doubt Johnson will go anywhere near him.
Like Morgan he’ll make sure everyone knows about it mind. Old fashioned doorstepping might be his in.

Can you explain why I read the Telegraph, the FT and bought the Economist for years and never bought the Mirror and abhor the Guardian?

Fullfact.org would disagree with your statement on Govt blurring facts, under Johnson we have become a fact free zone.

Yep, exactly the same as me.

There is clearly a gap for a high quality British political channel. BBC is awful and axed it’s most insightful show This Week, isn’t Politics live being ditched as well? Channel 4 is very bias and Sky news is just a pretty dated format.

There is clearly a gap for a high quality British political channel. BBC is awful and axed it’s most insightful show This Week, isn’t Politics live being ditched as well? Channel 4 is very bias and Sky news is just a pretty dated format.
This week was axed because their trendy politics programmer thought it was stale. It’s what prompted Neil to fuck them off. He said on Sky they were pissing about with his contact.

Of course we have become fact-free but I can't believe anyone really deep down considers we are dealing with fact on anything or ever have. Politics has always been a point of view, it's just new that we have become obsessed with how political events are presented but let's not pretend we care about fact. We have always only cared about the facts that we like which makes facts in themselves pointless in a debate between views.

The BBC is for example criticised by all corners and that just shows it all really because the BBC generally does not take any slant on anything. The anger people have is that the BBC doesn't criticise or promote events as per their view and so of course they believe it's biased.

The fault for all of this is with social media and the increasing number of outlets people have to comment on events. The advantage this creates for politicians is they can use the output from those outlets for data modelling which gives policy created around popular opinion and not fact. That's what gave us Brexit and it's why Dominic Cummings is hiring data scientists and software developers in No.10 but not policy advisers.

In the grand scheme of things it has to be asked why politicians want to create popular policy to get elected but not create policy for the better. Clearly our political system does not serve the people who the facts affect on a daily basis. That includes media who are only interested in ratings and return on advertising budgets rather than reporting facts...

I think part of his problem will be that unless he is "kind" to the Govt it will soon deteriorate into an opinion show with the likes of Darren Grimes giving his opinions as the Govt will simply blank him like they do all the major news programmes.

Reactions: mat
I think part of his problem will be that unless he is "kind" to the Govt it will soon deteriorate into an opinion show with the likes of Darren Grimes giving his opinions as the Govt will simply blank him like they do all the major news programmes.
I am not allowed to PM so just wanted to say sorry for being a prick last night. Beer and a heavy defeat doesn't work (no excuse). won't happen again, back in my box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.