GB News

The problem the news programs have at the minute, similar to in the states, is how much do they just report what the government is saying compared to giving their viewership the full facts.

The issue isn’t about political persuasion as such, it’s reality vs perception. Our current leaders have taken the idea of spin to a completely new level where its just out and out lies at times.

That’s why currently you’ve even got lifelong right wing commentators criticising the current government.

This is exactly it and why are we calling it a news channel?

Opinion isn't news.

and another R/W party is started - no idea where he gets his 94% claim from but I am pleased to see this as its just more and more fragmentation on the right - no wonder the Tories and Johnson are going backwards in the polls

yet the "right" are better than the "left" for finding a way to get along come election time to ensure their "side" get the most votes.

This is exactly it and why are we calling it a news channel?

Opinion isn't news.

Exactly, but our current government (and Trump) are intentionally blurring the lines between them. You then have people (wrongly) perceiving bias even when the news organisations are reporting facts because they are contradictory to what the governments are saying.

Neil is promoting his new channel on Sky News right now. He's doing well selling it. Accusing Johnson of being a wind up artist over his BBC director preferences and bemoaning Dacre at OfCom.

"This government are politicising quangos like America are doing to their legal sytem."

The channel will be available on Freeview rather than a subscription model as he wants the largest audience possible. Neil claims the GB News will have political debate from the whole spectrum within OfCom guidelines and won't have a Fox News type centre right editorial policy.

We shall see...

Neil seems to be pretty strident in wanting to expose fools and dangerous practices in politics, and certainly knows what he's talking about in the media.
That sounds to be very strong words though!

Exactly, but our current government (and Trump) are intentionally blurring the lines between them. You then have people (wrongly) perceiving bias even when the news organisations are reporting facts because they are contradictory to what the governments are saying.
The anti Brexit anti Conservative bias of our media is invisible to you because you share it. If you are correct and our news media are fair and balanced this new channel will be a flop because there will be no market for it. I strongly suspect the new channel will be a huge success. We shall see.

The anti Brexit anti Conservative bias of our media is invisible to you because you share it. If you are correct and our news media are fair and balanced this new channel will be a flop because there will be no market for it. I strongly suspect the new channel will be a huge success. We shall see.

I am pro brexit and don't think there has been any bias at all, if anything the whole Brexit process has not been questioned enough and thats allowed Johnson to fuck it up instead of getting it sorted. I also think having Farage on every 5 minutes turned a lot of potential brexit supporters off as he is a grade A ****.

Neil seems to be pretty strident in wanting to expose fools and dangerous practices in politics, and certainly knows what he's talking about in the media.
That sounds to be very strong words though!
If that’s a flavour of the editorial policy he puts in place I’m all for it. Should Neil’s Network becomes a no bullshit news organisation I’ll gladly watch.

Indeed however I don't think we are going to get away from that because we all consciously decide what news to read (based upon the opinions it gives). This is why you won't find many Labour supporters reading the Mail or many right-wingers reading the Mirror.

I don't think the government have blurred facts but rather people at heart don't want to consider facts to form opinions as opposed to their prejudices which is something politicians exploit much more. The time of being quietly humble and considerate in opinions has long gone.

I’m not anti brexit or anti conservative. Like I said, you have conservatives right now saying the same thing. You are proving my point though in that you’re subverting the issue. I’m only talking about facts, not opinions.

On that though, ersonally I’m not overly interested in reading my own opinions back at me though, I’d rather read the opposite otherwise I’m not equipped well enough to justify having an opinion in the first place.

There is a market for a new channel that isn’t fair and balanced, that’s essentially how certain papers thrive too. It’s perception though, what people perceive as fair and balanced in that aspect tends to be just suiting their own opinions.

What I want, and it’s from the papers too, is clearer delineation between editorials and news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.