General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Sky have been presenting from grimsby ALL day , for 40 mins tonite, sick of the fucking place , lol
They have been going back there for months. Think it's because it's seen as a key constituency that will show how the national vote could go.
But yes, I'm sick to death of that bleeding cafe lol

No not really, I was criticising the Greens for thinking that just because they believe people have spare cash when they earn 50 k or more, doesn't necessarily mean that people do have that spare cash. I used the materialistic analogy as green people arnt the most materialistic in my experience, but 99% of the population are to a degree are they not?

Ie its easy and incorrect for Greens to judge everybody by their holier than thou lifestyle.
Greens are polling at 8% so that would suggest that nothing like 99% of the population are materialistic. Those that are may not be irredeemable.

Same thing for many families with one bread winner. The point is I don't think the Greens realise that £50k doesn't go far these days, unless you don't have a car, mobile, TV, you grow your own food, make your own clothes and don't go holiday.
I think some people need budgetary lessons from 30p Lee. Or does cutting your coat according to your cloth only apply to the poor?

Greens are polling at 8% so that would suggest that nothing like 99% of the population are materialistic. Those that are may not be irredeemable.
You do understand my point now Vic tho? That's what we were discussing were we not?

No not really, I was criticising the Greens for thinking that just because they believe people have spare cash when they earn 50 k or more, doesn't necessarily mean that people do have that spare cash. I used the materialistic analogy as green people arnt the most materialistic in my experience, but 99% of the population are to a degree are they not?

Ie its easy and incorrect for Greens to judge everybody by their holier than thou lifestyle.

Some people on 100k may be struggling but you cannot base tax policy on individuals or some people.

50k is decent wage and should be taxed accordingly. Personally I think we need huge Tax reforms in this country. Its another chance for Labour to make meaningful change. They won't take it though.

So you think the Greens should just be another materialistic party? What's wrong with choice?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.