General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Were you not criticising a policy of tax increases for people earning over £50k a year because they'd got commitments and/or had bought a lot of stuff? In other words, by spending money they can avoid paying higher income tax.
I don't necessarily think that having a family income of £50k is exorbitant these days. Especially if you have two or more children that are in HE and the government expect you to subsidise their education.

I don't necessarily think that having a family income of £50k is exorbitant these days. Especially if you have two or more children that are in HE and the government expect you to subsidise their education.

50k today feels like 30k in 2010. It's not even close to being rich, let alone the kind of demographic that should be extra taxed.

In fact I just looked it up and based on CPI, £30k in 2010 is £48k today.

I think thats the key "family income", they aren't talking about "family income", they are talking about individual income, which as you point out 50k isnt a lot.

Schapps going full project fear. He's accepted a Tory loss but scaring people that a Keith Stalin super majority will destroy the nation.

That **** and his mate have already done that.
Whether it’s a 80 seat majority or 200 seat majority, the governing party can do what the fuck they want. For five years. 95% of the time the disparity will make fuck all difference.

Unbelievable thing to say. In multiple ways.

Schapps going full project fear. He's accepted a Tory loss but scaring people that a Keith Stalin super majority will destroy the nation.

That **** and his mate have already done that.

A message that's somewhat diluted by the fact his party are going to go from 365 seats and a huge majority to about 50 and being the 3rd party in one term. The electorate are about to show how quickly they can change things.

God I really hope they get kicked out of opposition. Whatever the circumstances, wherever the votes are going, I think it would be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time for the 102 year duopoly of Government and opposition to be smashed.

I think thats the key "family income", they aren't talking about "family income", they are talking about individual income, which as you point out 50k isnt a lot.
Same thing for many families with one bread winner. The point is I don't think the Greens realise that £50k doesn't go far these days, unless you don't have a car, mobile, TV, you grow your own food, make your own clothes and don't go holiday.

Same thing for many families with one bread winner. The point is I don't think the Greens realise that £50k doesn't go far these days, unless you don't have a car, mobile, TV, you grow your own food, make your own clothes and don't go holiday.

The Greens are a nonsense party for nonsense people. I'm not really sure why they keep getting brought up as they lack a single coherent policy and they're never going to be the alternative left wing party people that anti-centrist labour supporters want them to be.

IMO they are the political equivalent of FC United.

A message that's somewhat diluted by the fact his party are going to go from 365 to about 50 in one term. The electorate are about to show how quickly they can change things.

God I really hope they get kicked out of opposition. Whatever the circumstances, wherever the votes are going, I think it would be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time for the 102 year duopoly of Government and opposition to be smashed.
Remember the last GE and all the pundits telling us that an 80 seat majority was going to see the tories in power for at least 10 years before we could even think about change.
It really has taken ‘world beating’ incompetence, stupidity, and corruption to get them to where they are now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.