General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I'm not so optimistic.

Labour will smash this election which is great. But if you step back and look at the bigger picture there are two types of politics now. Serious politics that takes on the issues of the day and unserious populist BS politics that tells people what they want to hear, plays on fears and prejudices and ignores the hard reality.

The old left and right divide is gone as we are taxed about as much as is possible and yet the revenue is not enough to stop the decline of public services.

The serious politicians have an almost impossible task. The BSers will have an ever bigger range of grievance to tap into.
Easier to ban kids from drinking red bull rather than tackle child poverty.

Poor penny , she came across as so desperate , flaying about and throwing so many lies about , i thought angela did well to give her enough rope to hang herself , she was bordering on hysterical lol
I agree. Mordaunt was a mad woman in desperation. Shouting above Angie all the time. That’s a typical Tory tactic with this lot. They have obviously been told to do it

Putting aside the ineptitude of this government, I believe this country will always vote middle of the political spectrum parties to power, when they verge too far right or too far left they alienate themselves from the majority of the populace. If you believe the above you have a choice vote LDs or Labour next month.
Tend to agree, though I consider the 2019 General Election to be an anomaly to the 'always' claim. In that one, both the Conservatives and Labour appeared to vacate the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.