General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
I really like her. She’s brave and has made the most of herself. I think she’s funny too. She’s not hugely bright, but neither was Truss. Difference is Rayner knows her limits. I hugely respect her.

Thought the sight of a Winchester educated **** who stole off the country in 2008 who has an Eton educated Foreign Secretary, a Lord, who conned the taxpayer out of tens of thousands to both pay for the upkeep up some wisteria at the front of his Oxfordshire constituency home, and to build his wanking shed in his back garden, pontificating like that, truly appalling.

Attacking a working class girl like that because she might have misdirected a couple of grand was absolutely reprehensible.

Fucking rat faced ****.
Just because some people don't see the appeal of Rayner doesn't mean you are going to convince them by pointing out your perceived inadequacies of her opponents. Fwiw I don't think Rayner comes across that well at times, she definitely lacks diplomacy skills which are pretty essential to be a skilled political operator. Unless she learns these quickly, I cant see her lasting in the cabinet for long.

You might want to read up a bit around the staggering failures around the regulation of RBS, and how the Labour government presided over this, which of course had nothing to do with Fred Goodwin being a regular Chequers at the time.
I recall Alaistair Darling negotiating Goodwins pension of £600k a year at our expense. When in reality he should have been sacked for bringing RBS down with debts of billions.

Don’t misrepresent what I’ve saud about Truss, who is a perfectly adequate benchmark in the context of the reference I made: her limited intelligence. They are both of limited intelligence, but Truss actually believes otherwise. Maybe you think she doesn’t, and recognises she’s a bit stupid.

It’s absolutely relevant when they pontificate about others who haven’t been as fortunate as them. I’ve had an extremely fortunate upbringing and I’m always conscious how lucky that makes me and how it’s given me an advantage over others in life, and I always try to be conscious of it. Sunak manifestly does not and that speaks to his character. So completely relevant.

Not quite sure how you can be less relevant than being of no relevance; can you be negatively relevant? His relevance to the causes of what happened with RBS didn’t stop the **** making this country poorer. I couldn’t do a job like that, whatever they paid me. Fucking parasites. The fact he did, makes him a **** in my eyes.

A rat faced one

Don’t misrepresent what I’ve saud about Truss, who is a perfectly adequate benchmark in the context of the reference I made: her limited intelligence. They are both of limited intelligence, but Truss actually believes otherwise. Maybe you think she doesn’t, and recognises she’s a bit stupid.

It’s absolutely relevant when they pontificate about others who haven’t been as fortunate as them. I’ve had an extremely fortunate upbringing and I’m always conscious how lucky that makes me and how it’s given me an advantage over others in life, and I always try to be conscious of it. Sunak manifestly does not and that speaks to his character. So completely relevant.

Not quite sure how you can be less relevant than being of no relevance; can you be negatively relevant? His relevance to the causes of what happened with RBS didn’t stop the **** making this country poorer. I couldn’t do a job like that, whatever they paid me. Fucking parasites. The fact he did, makes him a **** in my eyes.

A rat faced one.
Disagree with you regarding the class thing. Sounds a bit patronising in fact.

Also, on the RBS thing, presumably you also despise anyone that took their money out of Northern Rock during the run on the bank, because they really did make the country poorer by their actions?

Just playing devils advocate for a minute, its an interesting idea that everyone who votes reform is a racist. I don't believe for one minute that 15% of the population are racist, do you believe that? There's surely more to it as to why people are choosing reform.
There are three blokes I work with who are going to vote Reform, they blame everything on immigrants, and believe Labour will tax them a lot more. Two of them are contractors and say Reform is the only party to pledge to remove ir35. All of them to varying degrees are racist.

Just playing devils advocate for a minute, its an interesting idea that everyone who votes reform is a racist. I don't believe for one minute that 15% of the population are racist, do you believe that? There's surely more to it as to why people are choosing reform.

15% of the country is a conservative figure. Around 20% of the country hold strong authoritarian/fascist views. Authoritarian views are also strongly represented on the far left.

There are three blokes I work with who are going to vote Reform, they blame everything on immigrants, and believe Labour will tax them a lot more. Two of them are contractors and say Reform is the only party to pledge to remove ir35. All of them to varying degrees are racist.
I supose that this depends to a degree on whether you judge everyone who thinks that the UK is allowing too many immigrants in is a racist? Do you think that?

I recall Alaistair Darling negotiating Goodwins pension of £600k a year at our expense. When in reality he should have been sacked for bringing RBS down with debts of billions.
Quite right. The Labour government knew in 2005 that RBS were running crazy levels of wholesale funding and that much of it was overnight, and yet they did nothing about it. In fact they actively courted the likes of Goodwin, culminating as you say in his in golden pay-off.

Living in Essex with a black wife and black in-laws, 15% seems fairly realistic. I think people would be genuinely shocked by the attitudes of a sizeable chunk of the population. I know I was.

Let’s be honest, if you're white, you haven’t really got a clue because you never see it or experience it. I was admittedly entirely ignorant to it myself before I met my wife and was firmly in the “racism isn’t really a thing in this country” camp.

I’m not claiming it’s worse than other countries, mind. It is definitely better than Portugal, probably Spain and Italy too. That doesn’t mean it’s not a thing.

That said, I actually do agree with you, there’s more behind the Reform vote than just simple racism. It’s a whole counter-culture that is basically nostalgia goggles for a segment of the population that thinks the British Empire was all really great and had no problems and we should go back to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.