General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 109 63.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 8.8%

• Total voters
Nah the water companies put actual shit in our rivers and seas 6000 times in a year but the great British plebs are more upset with gdp being weak or not paying a couple of quid more tax.

Priorities and that.
The great British pleb, as you define some voters, sees stories about actual shit being put in rivers 6,000 times a year and stops reading. They don't question why it happens.
Under investing in leak prevention, poor performance at treatment sites and excessive dividends to investors are of no interest.

I realise that, but if you dont grow those services they still come under more pressure. Housing is more acute demand is consistently outstripping supply is it not? OK there are other reasons that play into the lack of affordable housing but a growing population is undoubtedly the main one.

However in essence based on your answer, it seems you do think that anyone who thinks the rate of immigration into their country is too great is a racist. Is that correct?

That would be one assumption as there are no practical or economic arguments to assert immigration is too high. Immigration is driven by demand and needs of the economy therefore ‘too high’ is a meaningless argument. Too high by what measure? People are coming here to do jobs that we need filling for the economy to function. The end.

That would be one assumption as there are no practical or economic arguments to assert immigration is too high. Immigration is driven by demand and needs of the economy therefore ‘too high’ is a meaningless argument. Too high by what measure? People are coming here to do jobs that we need filling for the economy to function. The end.

It’s not the end though is it! If only it were that simple.

Had a staff member tell me yesterday that he’s voting reform. When I asked why he said to keep the immigrants out. When I pointed out the 2 other staff stood next to him were from Portugal and Spain and wouldn’t be welcome under reform he told me

“But these 2 are ok”

So what he really means are all the Asians who arrive here that he doesn’t want, therefore I conclude he’s fucking racist.

It's quite common for those who dislike people of colour in general, to make exceptions in favour of the Earl and Abdul they happen to know personally. To say that Etta, the black nurse they know, is fine. But in some parts of the country, you are far less likely to know a black person personally than you are in Manchester. You won't realise that you can have as good a laugh with Errol in the pub as you can with Joe.

There are also strange areas of blindness. I know someone who is pretty obsessed with Asian paedophile gangs. When I give him a long list of white paedophiles, starting with Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith, he just makes a strange noise at the back of his throat which seems to mean:'I hear you but I don't hear you.'

To be fair, they could be thinking of the country as a whole rather than just their local area.

Im on the left, will be voting Labour, but even I can accept that there is an issue with immigration its just not the biggest priority in my opinion with all the other shite that needs sorting

That seems unusually empathetic, bearing in mind they are not as concerned about other issues.

Would it not be an even greater indication of racism, that people who don't see as many immigrants are more concerned about them, than people who live in more mixed communities?

The great British pleb, as you define some voters, sees stories about actual shit being put in rivers 6,000 times a year and stops reading. They don't question why it happens.
Under investing in leak prevention, poor performance at treatment sites and excessive dividends to investors are of no interest.

Really everyone I spoke with blame the water companies

It’s not the end though is it! If only it were that simple.

It is that simple. Supply and demand. The economy demands labour. Whether that labour is supplied internally, externally or - as it has been for the last century or so, a mix of both, the economy doesn’t care.

Irish navvies, West Indian nurses or whoever, this argument has been replayed to death and the result is always the same. So, welcome to multi-cultural Britain and expect more of the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.